Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linking navigation button directly to a page

Hi
    I am sure this has been written about over and over but I can't seem to find the answer. I have three questions.

1. I have added a new button to my menu called "Law Lectures"

I want people to click on this button and link to the site map "sitemap.html"

What I have done at present is link to a fragment which says "Click here for a Sitemap listing all our lectures" but it is a bit clunky.

www.cpd4lawyers.com

2. How do you link a navigation button on the menu to a sub-section? I would like to have one button on the menu which links to our live lectures and one button which links to our recorded lectures.

3. How do I remove the "Products" link from the menu?

If you could point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.

Many thanks

Hi Anne,

I think all 3 questions are probably going to be resolved by hardcoding of the left-hand navigation links and doing away with the auto-generated Actinic links.

You will need to edit the Act_Primary, Act_BrochurePrimary and the Act_PrimaryCheckout templates removing the standard navigation and adding in your own buttons and links .... whilst removing some of the Actinic automation it will allow much greater control on which buttons and levels you can link through to at any one point.

This will also benefit your SEO using static HTML links and not via the cgi-bin

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
    X