X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding stock control to choices

Hi,

I really hope this can be done!!!

I need to add stock control to a list of choices i.e. i have a product which is a pair of jeans i have a componant of size set-up, with various sizes, but there are only 1 of each size, so once someone orders that size i need to take that size off.

Is there any way to do this?? Please say there is...

Cheers
    Angie

The only way is to create an individual product for each size, so Jeans size 10, Jeans size 12 and so no. Then use the Hide option for the products.

Then create a visible product generic to jeans with the image and say prices from (the lowest price if they differ from size to size).

Add a component of say Choice, add an Attribute of say Size, create each choice of say Size 10, Size 12 etc...

Then, go back into the Component and within its options click the Fill list so it lists all of the options, then select the hidden product for each option from the associated product list, assign the price to how you want it as say Associated product price (maybe) and then go back into the visible product details and assign price model to component, sum of... etc etc..

So, in effect create hidden products which can use stock numbers and the like which will achieve your goal, but dont forget that when someone buys it online it is not deleted from being available, so only your changing its role as Can be Ordered Online, or removing the hidden product will work...

We use this on a site under dev at http://www.4suredomain01.co.uk/acata...PS_&_MUGS.html where in the example the visible product shows a range of product references, but when you make the selection from the size, it uses the hidden products associated as above, which then gets added to the cart and thus the stock maintenance is achieved (which was the need for this one)...

Hope that gives you some ideas...

Comment

Working...
    X