Fragments (and products) in columns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fragments (and products) in columns

Have set up multiple fragments and products in columns as per Advanced Used Guide but there is some error I can't as yet identify

http://www.sasproducts.com/acatalogtest/testindex.html

Can someone please take a look.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crofter Internet Ltd - www.Crofter.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you be a little more explicit on the errors? I went to several pages and sections and nothing sprung out.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

If you click on any of the main sections at the top of the menu box it will take you to a section page with just fragments (as indeed is the index page). The problem is that despite the number of columns set the fragments align vertically and seem to merge with what should be the right hand column on the page. If you select a product from the drop down menu you will be ablse to see what should happen (providing of course there are no fragments on that page). Try the supaclamp under wheelclamps.

Comment

Hi Crofter,

to have any hope of working out what is going on you may need to "show" the table rows and columns that are being generated.

To do this...

open the relevant template file ACT_<whatever you have calledit>.html

find any string in the template that is ...BORDER=0(or BORDER="0") and set 0 to 1

save the template, upload you site again and then perhaps you should be able to see what is being generated in terms of the way Actinic uses tables to layout the items.

You can certainly achieve a nice layout with columns of items if you follow the instructions in the guide carefully.

Check my site out (http://www.sharedpleasure.com) as this uses a multi-column layout (be careful as content is of an adult nature)
        EternalNomad
        http://www.sharedpleasure.com
        Over 2000 items of Adult Toys, Tools, Lingerie, Books and Movies

Comment

Ooo.. Firefox is showing 20+ errors on the Supaclamps page - mostly containing the currentcol instruction ... may be worth checking the code you have entered as probably a syntax error in there somewhere

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

eternalnomad,

Having put borders around the cells I can see where the error is but can't see the code which is wrong. If I check the template on its own in dreamweaver it loads correctly but as soon as I upload the website the fragment templates cause the error.

Comment

You have split what should be a single line of JavaScript onto 2 lines in SAS_Act_TitleOnly.html. The bit
              Code:
              if ( currentcol++ == 0 ) document.write('<tr><td colspan=3><table
              border=0><tr>');
              should be
              Code:
              if ( currentcol++ == 0 ) document.write('<tr><td colspan=3><table border=0><tr>');
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Jont,

I'm not very good at javascript but I cut and pasted the code directly from the guide. Having checked out Norman's page he has completely rewritten the code and he says it is very important to amend all the fragment templates. This I have done but since I renamed all the altered fragments should I also go back and amend al the original fragments even though they are not being used?

How do I get Firefox to show me all the errors you mentioned?

Comment

Thanks Norman, I will amend all the fragments again and see what happens

Comment

The Advanced Guide has probably wrapped the text onto several lines. Sometimes it's essential to have very long lines of JavaScript and these don't fit onto PDF pages that are, after all, intended for viewing/printing as documents.

I only post simple .txt files as these always work.

PS look above as I posted a solution.

Firefox: Use Tools / JavaScript Console for diagnostics. Click an error and you'll be taken to a View Source with the error line highlighted.

Comment

Thanks Norman - that has worked. I had set the sections list to first row 1 followed by subsequent rows 3, 4 or whatever and it seemed to work but now the fragments will only display 4 (the default setting in options). How do I get them to display what I want?

Comment

Create a dummy Text Only fragment at the top containing

!!<<script language=JavaScript>newcols=1</script>>!!

changing the 1 to suit - and the new column count will start at the next fragment.

You may also need to rest the column count by pasting something similar

!!<<script language=JavaScript>newcols=4</script>>!! into the text of the last fragment.

You may be using a different variable name.

Comment

Norman, thanks for your help so far. I decided to implement your new coding but I have again come unstuck. Could you take a look again. This time the fragments are aligning correctly but the last column of the page has moved again

Comment

AN URL of the problem would help and a note of what is there and what is expected to be there.

Comment

http://www.sasproducts.com/acatalogtest/testindex.html

Again the last colum of the page has been pushed out of the table structure but at least the fragments are aligning correctly

Comment

Working...
                              X