Setting quantity as always 1 for one item only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting quantity as always 1 for one item only

I am trying to set up a collection of goodies, on one page, with an order button at the bottom. The first 2 items HAVE to be bought to entitle a couple of freebies, the remaining items on the page are all popular items which can be ordered as optional extras if required.

The first item, the nappies, has a minimum quantity which is fine, I can do that.

However the second item is a set of 4 nappy covers for a set price (the individual price varies slightly according to size or colour ) BUT I wanted the set to be fully customisable so the customer can choose size and colour, so have set up each wrap in turn as a component with attributes, so the punter can choose each one to suit.

All items need to be individually stock controlled by size & by colour otherwise it'd be a lot easier.

Any ideas? I got close but can't work out how to set the order quantity as a compulsory 1 for the set - if I set both minimum and maximum as 1 it still appears as 0 on the quantity and the keen eyed punter will try to get their freebies w/o ordering the nappy covers.

Or can someone think of a better way of doing it please? I have a cold and can't think/breathe today.
    Miranda Stamp
    Twinkle Twinkle
    www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk
    Cloth nappies, natural toiletries, organic baby clothing, potty training aids, slings and more...

Hmmmm, it'd be a lot easier to pictured what you've done if I could see it online, IYSWIM
    errrr...I think you want the to *have* to choose 4 from the selection, right?... and I'm not sure that's possible. Not keeping it with the full choice with stock control.
    Like you say, if you put min order level of 4 it's taking 4 of each choice, not 4 total choices.. I would hazard a guess that it's beyond software limit, tbh
    I have a similar "beyond software capabilities" thing with my twin packs. I have a product with 2 options. each option is hidden product, main product has dropdown choice of one style or the other. I also offer a twin pack (with discount) so I created a third hidden product with 2 components, one for each style, then ADDED a choice to the MAIN product for the twin pack.
    Looks fine.. but doesn't work form a stock control POV, and that's quite a simple set-up.
    Actinic has it's limits, and I think we both reached them!
    I hope someone more experienced can come up with a workaround for you
    Sorry I couldn't help!
    Cheers
    Tracey
    Tracey

Comment

The easiest approach would be to have a fragment at the top of the page that tells the punters that they need to buy the first two products to be able to access the freebies. I will need to check as to how you get the quantity to display 1 by default. Will post back on this one.

Kind regards,
      Bruce King
      SellerDeck

Comment

For the order quantity, go to Business Settings | Ordering | Under Miscellaneous select, 'Order Quantity Always one'. I should have been able to tell you that yesterday !! Well memory not all that good on a Sunday

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X