help with extended info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with extended info

Does anyone know of a way to create (under extended info) or anywhere a way to show availability of items and their variations.

In other words re-create the sort of effect shown in the attached word file, but one that I could easily update if something goes out of stock - yes it's for a clothes site and stupidly we're also selling shoes !!

Many thanks
    Andy
    Attached Files

I would personally put them against the product so they are in one field of view with the rest of the details - nothing worse than having to click again to see if the variations are available for that product.

I would be inclined to add a table into the Act_ProductLine.html template and then use CUSTOMVARS to insert the specific data against each product (they could then be searchable) .... the other option would be to create a graphic for the matrix and add that into the template as a CMV but then quickly changing if the options alter would be a pig.

A third option would be to enter the table code directly into the product description (or even the extended info if you really wanted) between !!< and >!! tags .... this would allow for even quicker editing of the matrix for any changes.

Hopefully some food for thought....
    Last edited by jont; 18-Nov-2005, 01:29 AM. Reason: typo

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Just remembered Norman also has a paid for plugin over at http://www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff/index.html called NorMatrix which may offer a similar but different result .. worth checking out to see if it of use

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

sorted

Thanks for the reply - just adding the !!< in the extended info along with the html worked brilliantly

Andy

Comment

Working...
        X