Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freezing On Backup

Hi
    Can anyone help? every time I try to backup my site (snapshot)
    it starts off ok but after the files have flown across the page a couple of times, it freezes regardless of where i back up to ie, zip, memory key or CD.
    I have tried things like turning off anti virus. any ideas anyone please
    Thanks

You need to ensure the focus is on a actual product before starting the backup - also worth compacting the database.

HTH

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi
      Thanks for that but still no joy????????? not sure what to do now cause i cant make any changes

Comment

First off, if you have a lot of items marked for delete, but not deleted, either unmark a good few, or run the Housekeeping | Purge Contents.

Then try Housekeeping | Compact Databases with both boxes ticked. When Actinic gives you the message that it is Ok to open the prog again, make sure focus is on the top page (shop or brochure) not on a product or fragment and try the snapshot again.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Originally posted by Tomcat
          freezes regardless of where i back up to ie, zip, memory key or CD.
          Have you tried backing up to the hard drive and then moving to the CD etc?

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi
            Thanks for the suggestions and help, but so far no joy.

Comment

it starts off ok but after the files have flown across the page a couple of times, it freezes regardless of where i back up to ie, zip, memory key or CD.
              When you say it freezes, do you mean the visible movement of files that the snapshot backup depicts? Have you tried waiting a bit and then clicking on the 'Next' button to see if it brings up the next screen that tells you teh operation was completed succesfully? The visible freeze of the file transfer does sometimes happen, but the process does not freeze, if it does it would bring up an error mesage. Please post the error message so that we can give you a bit more on what is happening.

Kind regards,
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

Hi
                Thanks for that, I will have another go this afternoon

Comment

Working...
                X