Newby help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newby help

Can anybody tell me how I set the choices/component etc to show on every or multiple items?
    I'm building a glasses shop and need multiple items to have the same paid for lenses choices.

Soz if this is a newby question but I get "connection refused" if I try to download any of the help files on Actinic site. Anyone have a clue why this is happening as well.

Cheers

The easiest way is to create your Component, Attributes and Choices on the first product, and then once you have it all ok for that product, right click on the component and copy it, then right click on each additional product you want this used on, and paste it into the product.

Apart from that, you can not create it once and then select some option which assigns it to a list of products - sorry, but that above should cut down on the creating you will need to do.

Comment

Thanks m8, I've been doing it like that, but was hoping there was some way to highlight say 20 items and mass paste. with over 600 items changing at least every month, doing 1 at a time is gona take a while

Any idea why I get "connection refused" on most links on the actinic download page.

Cheeeers for the help m8.

Comment

Never mind about the downloads, it must of been the server or some't. Works fine now.

Comment

May as well keep the same thread going (as I feel thicker by the second)

I final got my network settings right using the wizard with both boxes checked at start (cheers someone 'ere ) yet now I get a chmod error wot ever that is.
          I googled "some" info but I'm still lost :/ Is it something I can sort or do I need my host to change something.

http://www.conceptpictures.me.uk/actinic.jpg

Cheers

Comment

If you are on a Windows server you will almost definitely have to get the host to do it.

If you are on Linux, or Unix or anything like that, you need to connect to your site using a standard FTP program and right click on the folder. Choose Permissions - you should set 777 for the Actinic folder and 755 for cgi-bin for the initial load.
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
            X