Child section link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Child section link

Hi guys, it's me again. I have a menu on the left hand side of the product page and I need to use one of the button to take me to the child section. Do u happen to know how to do that?Thanks.

Maybe u have a better overall idea: my site contains many art print. I want to have an the menu a button which will take me to thar art print's artist. That page will contain the artist photo and desription. My idea was to create another subsection of the current product, which will contain as product image the painter image and then add a descrition text. I've set "List placement" to "None", so that the image of the artist won't show on the original product page (art print page), so I have to manually link the button to the artist page.Is it a good idea or u have a better one? I have about 200 arts and 10 artists, so I would appresiate a solution that would be easy to maintain in time.Cheers.

Would you not create a section called Artists and put all ten artists pages under that?
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I already done that. The problem is that i don't want the users to access "Artists" category page. I want them to visit (when they click a button) just the page of the artist that created the art. If I check "hide on web site" then the pages of the artists aren't generated anymore (when i try to access the I get 404 error).

Comment

If all the prints by one artist are in one section, try creating a customvar to hold the artist page url. Then copy the code for your existing Artists button from a generated page and change the code to <a href="CUSTOMVAR:whatever"> and set the customvar value at each section page.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
        X