Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.Gifs in Choices Drop Down Menu

Hello,

Is it possible to place small .GIF images in the drop down menus for products?

I.e If you have a choice of colours, to display a small .gif of that colour next to the name within the drop down menu.

I am hoping not to have to hard code these .gifs into tables etc as there are rather alot and was hoping they could be added to the 'HTML for Name'

I did look at Normans site. The background colours for dropdown menus would probably work but when, for example, you have a dark background you cannot see the writing. Is there a way to change the text colour easily?

Any help or suggestions appreciated (In very plain English please).

Many Thanks

Hi,

I dont think you can have an image in a dropdown list box, as it is not valid html.

See http://www.echoecho.com/htmlforms11.htm and
    http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_forms.asp

Norman has got the best solution, as he uses javascript to show the colours in the dropdown list box and this effect si not possible in standard HTML.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

You could use javascript in your drop down boxes to display a relevant image when a certain value is selected

Comment

My Dynamic Product Images patch (www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff) allows for the main image to change when a drop-down choice is selected.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thank you for your replies. Sorry I didn't post sooner but I have been away.

What I was looking for was an easier / quicker way to display colours for t-shirts and other clothing. There only needs to be a small block of colour as an example. Each clothing item has different numbers of colours but the colours are the same, i.e black is black, emerald is emerald (if that makes sense).

I was hoping that I could upload each gif or jpeg for the colours and then pull these images to the relevant choices in the drop down menu instead of having to make tables for each product.

Normans background colours in the drop down menu would be just what I need if there is a way to change the text colour i.e if the background colour is black then the text needs to be white, if the background colour is white then the text needs to be black........

It looks like I will be putting together tables and placing them in fragments. (Which I was intending to do but decided that it would be time consuming so I thought I would ask my question).

If anyone has any other suggestions then I would be grateful.

Many thanks.

Comment

My patch can be tweaked to detect how dark the colour is and to switch to using white text if that's the case. Or it could even set the text to an opposite colour (althogh this may look rather garish).

I'll wait until someone actually donates something for this patch (no-one ever has yet) before adding to it.

The update (I've tested it now and it works fine) will allow you to choose how dark the background should be before switching.
            Last edited by NormanRouxel; 26-Nov-2005, 10:38 PM. Reason: Update now written and working
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
            X