css and images not found when logged in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

css and images not found when logged in

I have a problem with the path that Actinic uses for non-Actinic pages when logged in as an Account customer.

The site is www.tedleeming.com

If I click on a page from the menu (eg: "portfolios"), it is displayed fine.

If I want to use the site as an Account customer (it attracts a 10% discount), I go to the "register/login" page and enter a username/password (please use "test/test" if you want to try this out) and then get an Actinic generated page which tells me I have logged on successfully. But from then on if I go to any of my non-Actinic pages using the menu on the left (eg: "portfolios") the images aren't found nor is the style sheet used for fonts, link classes etc.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
    Nik

Hi,

It looks like your base href is missing from the primary template. Can you please go to the 'Advanced | Template Manager' and click on the 'Main' tab (click 'Change View' if you do not see the tabs) and then on the 'Primary' button and check if you have the following between the <HEAD> and </HEAD> tags:

<Actinic:BASEHREF VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:BASEHREF"/>

(usually just underneath the </TITLE> tag)

If this is missing then please put it back in and save the file and re-upload the site and test it out.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

I've had this happen a few times and normally resolves itself after a full refresh.
      www.gbradley.co.uk
      Web Development, Actinic Patches, Scripts & more

Comment

Still not working I'm afraid. I do have that line in the Primary template, but the pages that aren't displaying properly are not Actinic pages.

It seems as though once you are logged in the navigation is done via a CGI script.

Comment

Any ideas anyone - I'm at a complete loss!

Comment

Nik,

Since none of these pages actually reside in the acatalog folder and are non actinic generated pages, why dont you try hard coding the paths to the pages instead fo using the referrer script to link to them? If you have the same pages in sections within Actinic you should not have a problem, the reason for them breaking is because the script is looking for the HTML file in the /acatalog/ folder.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

I see what you're saying Bruce and thanks for the reply, but the html pages ARE found. What are not found are the images and the style sheet.

I will put full pathnames to these in one of the pages and try it tonight (it's not my day job!). I'll let you know what happens.

Nik

Comment

Working...
              X