Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Pages

Hi,
    the clients im working with have decided they want to make a few changes to the way products are layed out on the website. For example say a user was on http://zuccionline.com/acatalog/Lyle_&_Scott.html the clients wish to have multiple row each containing 4 images of different products that will link to a seperate page containing the product. (If that makes any sense?) I have suggested having on page like this and another containing all of the products in the section e.g all the Lyle & Scott products on one page and then from the page with the multiple images simply link to the product on the full page and automatically jump to the product they just clicked on. I'm just curious if theres an easy way to do this, or if I'll have to create the page that contains the 4 images and rows myself?
    Thanks for any help you can provide and sorry for not being able to describe the situation better.

- Phil

Hi Phil,

I think I understand the layout you want.

Have a look at my site to see if it is similar and if it is I will provide instructions on how to proceed - my site has 3 images per row but its simple enough to have more.

http://www.sharedpleasure.com/

See my site (careful as it does contain adult images and text)

p.s. I cannot access you site as its asking for a user ID and password
    EternalNomad
    http://www.sharedpleasure.com
    Over 2000 items of Adult Toys, Tools, Lingerie, Books and Movies

Comment

Hi,

the page pointed to requires an access username and password for typing this blind.

The 4 "products" in a row can be set up as modified sections which when clicked take you through to the product page proper - you can modify the Act_SectionLine.html template and set the layout to 4 sections in a row (at the section level in Layout Tab | Location and arrangement of section list) - place the actual product in the sections you have created (remember a section relates to a page on the internet)

HTH

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by eternalnomad
        Hi Phil,

I think I understand the layout you want.

Have a look at my site to see if it is similar and if it is I will provide instructions on how to proceed - my site has 3 images per row but its simple enough to have more.

http://www.sharedpleasure.com/

See my site (careful as it does contain adult images and text)

p.s. I cannot access you site as its asking for a user ID and password
        Ah I forgot about the Directory Protection. It's exactly how they want the store pages! Something like this is what we were aiming for

http://zuccionline.com/mock.jpg

But after looking at your site, it's probably better than what we had in mind!

Comment

Originally posted by jont
          Hi,

the page pointed to requires an access username and password for typing this blind.

The 4 "products" in a row can be set up as modified sections which when clicked take you through to the product page proper - you can modify the Act_SectionLine.html template and set the layout to 4 sections in a row (at the section level in Layout Tab | Location and arrangement of section list) - place the actual product in the sections you have created (remember a section relates to a page on the internet)

HTH
          Yeah I forgot about the protection on the directory. The way that EternalNoman has his pages pages displayed is exactly how we want it. We were initially aiming for www.zuccionline.com/mock.jpg but I've shown my clients the way he lays his products out and they feel that would be a better approach. Do you have any idea of how to layout the pages like that?

Comment

Eternalnomad is using the Products In Columns patch that I wrote. There's an elderly version in the Advanced Guide and the up-to-date one in on www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff where I've just added support for Fragments mixed in with the Products.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
              Eternalnomad is using the Products In Columns patch that I wrote. There's an elderly version in the Advanced Guide and the up-to-date one in on www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff where I've just added support for Fragments mixed in with the Products.
              Thanks for the reply, I've implemented your patch and following the instructions perfectly yet the result is http://zuccionline.com/acatalog/mens-knitwear.html (If its protected try the username other and the password 156548
              Last edited by zucciltd; 19-Nov-2005, 02:31 PM. Reason: Mistake

Comment

You haven't implemented the following bit from the readme
                Code:
                Go into Actinic / Advanced / Custom Properties, click the "+" sign 
                and create a property called NUMCOLS of type text.  OK out.

Go Design / Options / Site Defaults / Properties,  click the "+" sign
                and select NUMCOLS.  Set its value to 3 (for 3 columns, 4 for 4 , etc).
                (if using Business uncheck Searchable and check Use as Customvar)
                OK out.

You can set this value on a per Section basis, if required, by opening the Section, 
                selecting Properties and setting it as above.

Comment

You haven't implemented the following bit from the readme
                  Code:
                  Go into Actinic / Advanced / Custom Properties, click the "+" sign 
                  and create a property called NUMCOLS of type text.  OK out.

Go Design / Options / Site Defaults / Properties,  click the "+" sign
                  and select NUMCOLS.  Set its value to 3 (for 3 columns, 4 for 4 , etc).
                  (if using Business uncheck Searchable and check Use as Customvar)
                  OK out.

You can set this value on a per Section basis, if required, by opening the Section, 
                  selecting Properties and setting it as above.
                  As I said I followed all of the steps in your guide including the code above.

Comment

No you didn't. Your post #7 clearly had this missing.

I see you've now implemented that bit correctly, but have probably not considered the results of having 4 x 280 pixel wide images agross a fixed width page..

I can't help further as you won't admit to any mistakes.

Comment

No you didn't. Your post #7 clearly had this missing.

I see you've now implemented that bit correctly, but have probably not considered the results of having 4 x 280 pixel wide images agross a fixed width page..

I can't help further as you won't admit to any mistakes.
                      My apologies Norman It appears I misread that section and left "Use As NQV" Unchecked.

Comment

Working...
                      X