NAVTEXT underneath NAVIMAGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NAVTEXT underneath NAVIMAGE

I promise I've read the forums to try to find the answer to this, but it's eluding me

I've got some gif images I want to use for the navigation items, home, view cart, contact us etc.

I've amended Act_NavigationItem.html to use NETQUOTEVAR:NAVIMAGE instead of the previous NETQUOTEVAR:NAVTEXT

Now what I'd really like is for the NAVTEXT to be underneath the nav image (just in case someone doesn't understand the image).

I've tried using NETQUOTEVAR:NAVIMAGE NETQUOTEVAR:NAVTEXT which is fine apart from the actual text appearing at the right side of the image. I want it to be underneath. I've tried putting in <br>NETQUOTEVAR:NAVTEXT but that makes all my nav items vertical.

Help would be much appreciated.
    Amin Motin
    First Choice Aquatics Ltd
    0870 8964698
    Offering a fine range of high quality branded aquarium and pond products

Just a thought - have you tried using extra <tr> cell tags to place the text beneath the image?

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Try putting a two row table in - something like this:

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="00">
      <tr>
      <td>NETQUOTEVAR:NAVIMAGE&nbsp;</td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
      <td>NETQUOTEVAR:NAVTEXT&nbsp;</td>
      </tr>
      </table>

Duncan R

Comment

Hi Duncan

Tried the table, but I'm still getting the navitems in a single vertical column.

It's like they're all in one table cell already. I haven't put them individually in Act_Primary - they're coming from the theme layout (which is SMART).
        Amin Motin
        0870 8964698

Comment

Did you try adding more <tr> tags as Jont mentioned?
          Like maybe </tr><tr> in between the NVQs.

Otherwise if you only have a few then maybe individually code them.

Duncan R

Comment

Hi

The solution for me has been to code the table directly into Act_Primary.html

I only wanted a subset of the navigation icons anyway and the extra <tr> weren't doing it. Strange, but true. Anyway, I finally worked out where the navitems were coming from, which was FOOTERGUIDE, so I took that out and hand coded in the individual buttons.

Should have known that really, as the redoubtable Chris Dicken taught me that a year ago on one of the Actinic training courses! Time for a refresher probably!
            Amin Motin
            0870 8964698

Comment

Working...
            X