Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going back through cart without Warning: Page has Expired ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going back through cart without Warning: Page has Expired ?

This may be impossible to fix, but I was wondering if there is any way that when in our cart, a customer can hit the back button without meeting a Warning: Page has Expired page & being forced to refresh?

Thanks!

Does the "back" button in the Actinic cart display the same error? Clicking that should take you back to the previous page without issue.

If it is "back" on the browser toolbar that will throw the error as you are going back to a page where data was posted to get to the current page which may be lost if you hit back.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I'm meaning back on the browser toolbar.

I think it is more natural/common for a customer to go for the browser back button than the Actinic one pretty low on the page.

I tried going back through the cart pages of major sites, such as Amazon.com, & they don't suffer the same problem when hitting the back broswer button mid-order.

Any ideas on how to make this problem disappear?

Thanks!

Christy

Comment

Christy

I'm not sure it can be done.

All i can suggest is moving the "back button" to a more prominent place and making it a little more visible.

Comment

Christy,

There is no way to prevent this from happening, you are on a https or secure area during the checkout and hence the additional security, you will notice that you do not loose information other than the credit card details on the card page.

I gues the suggestions of perhaps highlighting the Actinic Backbutton, and maybe adding a note not to use the browser back button could be helpful.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Hrm...that's too bad. I will try moving the buttons but why do the other sites I mentioned not have this same problem when I use the back browser button? Surely the security of the https is the same with them too?

Comment

Thats because they have dynamic pages, Actinic has static HTML pages and hence the issue.
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

Ahh I see. I thinking it was cgi or the .pl/.pm files.

Comment

Working...
                X