Providing purchase discounts to customers for placing early orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Providing purchase discounts to customers for placing early orders

Does anyone know where I can setup, say a 10% discount, on a purchase for customers who place an early order for a product before a specific date? I've tried the Help files and looked in the Business Settings menu, but to no avail.... please help. I'm using Actninic v4.

It depends on what vesion of Actinic you are using.

To set an overall discount in Catalog, go to View|Discounts and Surcharges and add the discount. There is a setting for expiry date.

You will need Business or higher to set an individual item by creating a product group.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks for ur reply. I am using version 4 - Actinic Business.

I don't have the 'Discounts & Surcharges' option under the View menu item. I only have Business Settings option that gives pricing selections.

However, I have just realised that there is a Price tab in the individual product details components, I think this could be a work around for the discount.

Is this similar to creating a product group as u suggested?

Comment

Hi Dalia

v4 has got very limited discounting features. The features that Bill mention are available in v7, but not v4.

In v4 you can assign a discount to a particular group of customers (View | Price Schedules) but not to a group of products, and certainly not time-limited.

Comment

My apologies for the incorrect answer - the v4 heading is not too apparent when you look at 'new posts' in the forum. I must learn to look first.
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks for your help guys. I must admit, I've only just discovered the Actinic community and it's been a great avenue for me since I was assigned the role to update the ecommerce website for the company I work for. I'll be sure to have a look at the Price Schedule option that you mentioned Chris.
            Regards,

Dalia.

Comment

The simplest way would be to list the product at the lower price until X date and then increase the price - unless you want this to be limited to certain people only.

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Jan,
                Thanks for ur suggestion, this actually does sound easier for me to do, as the reduced price is available to all customers only for a limited time.
                Cheers,
                Dalia.

Comment

Working...
                X