Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display Pricing and a custom link in a section level

Hello all,

Is there a way to display a products price and a link saying 'more info...' under the short product description in a section level? I'm redesigning an existing Actinic site for a client and want to streamline the whole thing a bit.

I've found the following information on the forum already but from the look of it I can't actually do it? You can see the thread below:

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...=display+price

As always, any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
    Charles

Another option is to use products in multiple columns (duplicates of the original) and then the "more" link takes your through to the actual product proper with full details.... this would then allow people to buy in a more streamlined view as if in a section (the products in columns use a cut down product template to display the minimum of info)

Food for thought....

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Charles,

You can do what you want on a fragment very easily. The only drawback as discussed in the thread you mentioned, is that you will have to manually update the prices on the fragment everytime you make a price change to the product or link, you link the fragment to. Else it is pefectly fine to use.

Kind regards,
      Bruce King
      SellerDeck

Comment

Not sure if this will help but I'm working on a dynamic product display add-on. It uses PHP to display the same page with several views (one of which being very compact) and allows the displayed products to be sorted and filtered by various criteria. Demo on http://www.drillpine.biz/v7php-test/...c_Products.php - there are no duplicates there. Everything is essentially the same page, displayed in different ways depending on customer choice.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman,

Another quality script from Normski then?! Loving the mildly sexist 'flowers for a girl/Computer for a guy' filter.

When is this available and how much? My client would probably be very interested as they have been toying with filtering their products via a 'Gift Finder' page. How would it be integrated within the site? Does it run from a dedicated page or across the whole site?

For the time being I think I'll go with Bruce's suggestion. They aren't that many products so will be happy to do it manually.

Thanks
          Charles

Comment

The girl gets the Computer as well! She doesn't get the Mens Boots ;-)

This isn't an actual product as yet - just something I'm tinkering with - It started as a test of automatically splitting long pages into sub-pages (letting the customer choose how many to show per page). I've not done that bit yet as I realised that it could be used to do so many other things too.

I'm looking for a real test site so it might be worth telling me what you require and I'll see how close I am.

Comment

Like I said, I'm currently redesigning a site for a client (that I used to work for) which was the first Actinic site I developed. Since i left the company 2 and a half years ago nothing has been done to the site so I'm overhauling the whole thing.

One of the things they mentioned was a 'gift finder' where you can whittle all their products down based on various criteria - how much you want to spend, who the gift is for etc... They are selling Officially Licensed Football memorabilia so the amount of options to trim it down will be fairly limited.

I would imagine the options will be something like:

Football Club (Manchester United, Leeds United, Celtic)
              Price (£1 - £25.00, £26 - £50, £51 - £100, £100+)
              Product Catagory (Prints, Figurines, Crystal, Signed Merchandise)

At the moment they want the whole site nailed by the beginning of December so they are ready for the Christmas market. If they could have a gift finder in place by then they would be delighted. I'll warn you now though, they are tighter than a ducks sphincter so the cost will almost certainly be a real issue.

If however you were interested in finding a decent test bed to run it off we would probably be able to help.

Let me know what you had in mind and I'll see what they think.

Thanks
              Charles

Comment

Sorry, but that's way too tight a timescale for "in development" code.

You should be able to do all that using Business / Search by Properties.

Comment

Working...
                X