• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data Entry Print Full Desc

hello,

Finally got my shop online.. Wahoo!

one small niggle i've encountered..

I'm using the the data entry print, as the infos being manually entered later..

Is there anyway of changing the print out to include full description as well as the short description..

problem i'm having is that it's displaying a product "am 5 Jet Black" which in the full description is am5 black 100ml.

Cheers
    Skipper

The full description isn't available in the Report. However if you go to View / Business Settings / Options and check "Enable Extended Product Description...", then every product gets an extra "Report Description" tab where any info you put in there is shown on the printouts.

It would also be possible to use an Access update query to populate this with the existing Long Description (otherwise you're in for a lot of copying and pasting). Look at table Product in ActinicCatalog.mdb. Back it up first. I'm not an Access guru so best ask someone else if you need help there.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

You can copy over the data very easily in Access. If you open ActinicCatalog.mdb and open the 'Product' Table, you can copy over the contents of the 'Full Description' column to the 'sReportDescription' column and that will be done for all your products. Save and exit. Update yout site.

Kind regards,
      Bruce King
      SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
      X