Back Ordering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back Ordering

I currently use the stock monitoring system. At present when an item is out of stock it shows 'Out of stock' and the add to cart button is missing.

What I want to do is add the words 'SORRY OUT OF STOCK. NEXT DELIVERY DUE IN AROUND 2ND WEEK OF JANUARY 2006. IF YOU WISH TO ORDER PLEASE DO SO BUT YOUR CREDIT CARD WILL NOT BE DEBITED UNTIL ITEM IS DESPATCHED' but I want the add to cart button added so that they can still order.

This will make things easier when any item is out of stock and not having to manually enter the words as I have only have one suppler and are all on order.

Andrew

www.mistmakers.co.uk

In Design/Text, do a search on out of stock and you will find it. I don't know if you can enter all that text though.

Comment

Back Ordering

I have done this without any problem but I need the shopping cart to appear so that they can still order, rather than it disappearing when the qty reaches zero and the words 'Out of Stock' appearing

Comment

Set the 'suspend orders if below' value in Business Settings | Options, under Stock Monitoring.This will set the default values at the product level on the Stock tab to show what ever you have set up. This will allow the Add to cart. You will need to update the site for the add to cart to be available.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Bruce,

Will give it a try

Andrew

www.mistmakers.co.uk

Comment

Have tried these settings and does not work

What I want to do is add the words 'SORRY OUT OF STOCK. NEXT DELIVERY DUE IN AROUND 2ND WEEK OF JANUARY 2006. IF YOU WISH TO ORDER PLEASE DO SO BUT YOUR CREDIT CARD WILL NOT BE DEBITED UNTIL ITEM IS DESPATCHED' but I want the add to cart button added so that they can still order.

Please advise what settings I need to use

Comment

Unless I am missing something, this is not possible.

I have struggled with similar requirements with no success.

Wherever this wish list is, can a decent stock control system be added

The biggest failing in Actinic IMO

I would be overjoyed to be proved wrong

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=16417

Mick

Comment

What I mentioned above is working just fien actually... check the site on http://support.actinic.co.uk/~bksupp..._Products.html order the calculator for example. I set up th product with 1 peice in stock, ordered two, and downloaded the order and uploaded again, the stock on hand in Actinic now shows -1, but the online store still allows you to buy. In Business Settings | Options | I have set the Default Warn if below to '0' and the Default Suspend Orders if below value to '-150'.

Give it a try and see.

Kind regards,
                Bruce King
                SellerDeck

Comment

Bruce had a look at what you have on line and I don't see the custom out of stock message. Am I missing something?
                  Bill
                  www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                  Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                  BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                  Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                  VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                  Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

No Bill, you are not missing anything.. The default wasr if below has been set to -150 so the warning message will not show. Am looking to see if there is a way to display the Add to cart and the warning message, dont think it is possible though.

Impos:
                    You can set the stock warning message in Design | text | Phase -1, ID 334. This will have to be done everytime you have a new stock in hand date and will apply over all products in the store.

You could use the example I gave you and add the Out of stock message to the Extended Product description and have it display in bold and another colour.

Kind regards,
                    Bruce King
                    SellerDeck

Comment

We have some Drop Shipping through some suppliers, so we don't use the stock control option for these, but we do display 'Items in stock' which could be manually set to 0 and you would still be able to order. We do manual updates which makes it easy to do this, but for auto updates you might need to add some code like (if the stock < 0 stock = 0). Does this make sense to you Bruce?

Al

Comment

I'm sorry, but I can't see how it is working fine

Ok, it allows you to sell more stock than you actually have-with all the implications of doing that.

But where is the opportunity to allow a pre-order with message for items when using stock control?

What we really need is a system to allow a couple of extra parameters

ie

in stock

out of stock

2-3 days

pre-order

Now that would be perfect

Mick

Comment

I understand what you're saying. I'm just trying to give you ideas within these parameters. What you need is to customize the code to allow what you're asking, but my perl is not that strong yet to offer any more suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                          X