Server response was 406

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Server response was 406

This morning I have woken to a complete nightmare - all my clients who use Actinic can not download their orders from their websites.

All the sites are hosted on the same reseller host .. who have made an update for some critical error and have posts relating to ppl using and Jshop the posts can be found here http://www.communityforums.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=4

Anyone got a fix? or any idea on how to resolve this

we get an error when we try saying

The web server returned an unexpected error. The server response was 406 - Not Acceptable. Run Web | Configure Web Site Details... to review your web site configuration.

and if you click on view response the webpage displays

Not Acceptable
    An appropriate representation of the requested resource /cgi-bin/nq000001.pl could not be found on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.###url.co.uk Port 80

I have refreshed site .. this has made no difference, you can still place an order as well ..

The file it says that can't be found is present in the cgi-bin I can see it when i log in ftp ..

Any help would be highly appreciated as I am going crazy here ..
    s a b b i e t a g e d

(*^_^*)

A wise Monkey never monkies with another Monkies Monkey ..

Have you checked whether permissions have been changed on the relevant directories? Most problems seem to be permissions changing at the host end and developers presuming the permissions are the same. They often change also with upgrades.

Comment

If you go into Help | Troubleshooting, you have an option to check the scripts running on the site, where it does some checks, which might help highlight any issues - maybe.

Comment

Resolved

It was a webhost issue they had updated some security settings and actinic was being thrown out because it broke the rule .. they have created a new rule to allow actinic to work ..
        s a b b i e t a g e d

(*^_^*)

A wise Monkey never monkies with another Monkies Monkey ..

Comment

Interestingly enough, I have experienced this same problem this morning with my Web Host Provider.

Have put in a technical support email over 3 hours ago but still no response.

Cannot seem to download my orders.

Received a technical email response,

Sure enough, the issue is related to security updates and corrections are being worked on.
          Last edited by MySweeper; 03-Apr-2006, 09:38 PM. Reason: Found out reason for trouble.
          Jeffrey Michael
          Choice Vacuum
          Bellevue, WA, USA
          www.mysweeper.com

Comment

Working...
          X