Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is someone hacking our site?

Hey guys

We've had a few odd things happen recently, I'd love to know your comments.

4th November:

When I logged on Actinic this morning this error message showed:-

"Warning: Some files on the web site appear to have changed since Actinic last uploaded them. The changes may be an attempt to compromise the site. These files will be completely refreshed the next time you upload your catalog. Please upload you Actinic as soon as this download is complete and carefully examine the details of any orders retrieved in this download. The chaged files are: oldaccount.fil, oldaddress.fil,oldbuyer.fil,oldprice.fil,oldprod.fil,oldtex.fil."
    --------------------------------------------

I asked our hosts (positive internet) if this meant an attempted hack and got this reply:

I have located the files for you and they look to have been last updated:

-rw------- 1 shazzie shazzie 6 2005-06-08 18:06 oldaddress.fil
    -rw------- 1 shazzie shazzie 6 2005-06-08 18:06 oldbuyer.fil
    -rw------- 1 shazzie shazzie 2995 2005-11-06 21:22 oldprice.fil
    -rw------- 1 shazzie shazzie 59347 2005-11-06 22:09 oldprod.fil
    -rw------- 1 shazzie shazzie 91428 2005-11-11 15:09 oldtext.fil

I am unsure when you last updated your catalogue? I doubt whether the
    changes were due to an atempt to change the content on your site, perhaps
    it was caused when your web site design software (e.g. DreamWeaver)
    synchronised data last time you updated the site?

--------------------------------------------

I didn't really know what he was saying so I left it as that. (good strategy, I know!). Then we got the same message 2 more times. We checked the orders and nothing looked odd.

Now, today, this happend. When we tried to by an item that had a size selection, most of them (not all) gave this message: "We are sorry, the combination you selected is unavailable at present due to Type being out of stock." We never use actinic's stock control, and I checked the database, and there was no stock check box ticked. I did a normal upload and the web site started working again.

Are these related? Does it indicate a hack or is it a bug? Any advice would be most welcomed.

Love

Val

www.detoxyourworld.com

unlikely to be hacking.

The first meesage you received - told you to upload your site - you will carry on receiving the fil error message until you do this. It could be caused by you moving pc, or several other things which escape me at the mo

the combination you selected error is due to a product combination you have created and not necessarily stock control. I don't use stock control either and have managed to achive this error message

Comment

Urgent -- more business lost today

Hi

Today, we had 8 failed attempts to buy, and people ringing up to say they can't buy. I'm just uploading the site again, and will then change the password. Our hosts say to ask Actinic, as they don't know what's going on. This is really urgent, we're losing a lot of business. How can I tell what's going on?
      Love

Val

www.detoxyourworld.com

Comment

To Jo and support guys

Hi

>>The first meesage you received - told you to upload your site - you will carry on receiving the fil error message until you do this. It could be caused by you moving pc, or several other things which escape me at the mo

I've uploaded it loads since then, and we keep getting it. Do I need to do a full web refresh, rather than a normal upload?

>>the combination you selected error is due to a product combination you have created and not necessarily stock control. I don't use stock control either and have managed to achive this error message

But this worked, then the other day it just didn't, for about 5 different products. I changed nothing. Is this an actinic bug? Is there any way to stop it happening?

Thanks

Love

Val

www.detoxyourworld.com

Comment

I would have thought a full refresh would be your best bet and then see what the situation is with both of the problems.
          David
          Mandrake Press Ltd

<a href="http://www.mandrake-press.co.uk" target="_blank">www.mandrake-press.co.uk</a>

Comment

Working...
          X