Multiple Images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Images

I'm wondering if there is a way to use Netqoutevariables to have multiplate image selection in actinic, at the moment I have to download each products page and change the image urls, I wanted to know if it was possible to have an option when I'm creating a product to define urls for between 3 and 4 images to be used in a mousover mouseout type thing. The final product is this http://www.zuccionline.com/acatalog/MX734.html (username: other password: 156548) but as I said I have to download and edit each seperate page. I was just wondering if there's a way to do what I've described and create 4 NQVs that i can insert into the ProductImage.html code that the url can be defined when I'm creating a product.

Sorry if this makes no sense but i found it hard to explain , Thanks for any help you may be able to provide

Set up CUSTOMVAR's for the image name and specify these against each product and incorporate into your mouseover routine so it inserts the file name into the script

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont
      Set up CUSTOMVAR's for the image name and specify these against each product and incorporate into your mouseover routine so it inserts the file name into the script
      Thanks alot Jont you've saved me alot of time!

Comment

I'm all for an easy life

Bikster

Comment

I'm all for an easy life
          I dont know how to word this without sounding lazy but is there a way to when I'm defining the image url in the properties tab to have a browse window popup to select the file, or am I just going to have to manually find and input the files url?

Comment

That's not how the Value field works. You can always have an Explorer window open and copy / paste the filename from there. These files are best kept in Site1.

However it is perhaps one for the Wish List - if the "Is File Name" field is checked then the Value field can accept typed in text or open a File Choose dialogue.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
              However it is perhaps one for the Wish List - if the "Is File Name" field is checked then the Value field can accept typed in text or open a File Choose dialogue.
              ooo yes please .... Actinic is very keen to tell you the file does not exist but does not help you in finding any

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
                That's not how the Value field works. You can always have an Explorer window open and copy / paste the filename from there. These files are best kept in Site1.

Indeed it would be useful. If I do put filename in manually eg. C:\Program Files\Apache Group\htdocs\zucci photos\lyle & scott\mx768black\mx768black001.jpg. Will I have to FTP each file to my server for it to work or will actinic upload the files in its update?

Comment

NO! You need to add just the file name eg image1.jpg and put all the images into the root of the site1 folder so Actinic can work the paths and upload

Bikster

Comment

You shold never use absolute paths to your hard drive as the only person that can see that is you - which will look fine in testing but will resolve to a file not found error in the browser

Bikster

Comment

You shold never use absolute paths to your hard drive as the only person that can see that is you - which will look fine in testing but will resolve to a file not found error in the browser
                      I know that much, I was just curious as when you browse for an image in actinic it does infact display the absolute path but uploads the image and changes the url. I was merely wondering if this would happen for my customvar images.

Comment

Actinic converts them into relative paths and lumps them all together into the /acatlog/ folder on the server.

As Norman points out above you just need to include the filename (as this is waht is being replaced as the CUSTOMVAR in your script) and place a copy of the image in the site1 folder. This will then let Actinic handle the upload of the file to the correct position and prevent the nag screen during upload saying the file is outside the site folder and bleurgh....

This does mean having multiple copies on the image on the hard drive but does mean Actinic will handle all the uploading for you and maintain the paths to the file accordingly. As all product pages are in the /acatalog/ folder the paths will be correct.
                        Last edited by jont; 23-Nov-2005, 03:59 PM. Reason: extra info

Bikster

Comment

Working...
                        X