Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giving discounts in checkout stage

Hi Folks

I'm after a bit of advice, I hope someone can help.

To give a bit of background,we're a small business with an online Actinic shop. We also sell on eBay, and people also get our phone number up and ring us with their orders.

Right, now thats out the way, want we would like to do is process our Telesales orders online through Actinic, however generally when people ring they like to try and blag a bit of discount, or something free. So we would need something on the checkout system where we can specify a discount (as a figure, not a percentage). But only us - not Joe Public using the website. Is there a way for us to possibly 'Log-In' which means we could access the facility, but the public would not have access to the facility.

I'd use the offline ordering facility within Actinic, but there are up to 3 of us trying to process orders at once, and Actinic is only on one machine so we'd need the functionality to be online, accessible from any terminal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
    Mark
    Dangleberry Music

Sorry folks, I forgot to mention I'm using Catalog v7, not Business. But I've been looking at upgrading to Business.

Any ideas why the upgrade from Catalog -> Business costs nearly as much as the new version of Business? I already forked out £350 + VAT for Catalog!

Cheers
    Mark

Comment

Mark,

The type of setup you requires is more on the lines of MultiUser but that would be way too costly. The difference between catalog and Business is the ability to set up discounts, use of coupon codes to apply discounts, ability to set up customer accounts and hence various price schedules etc. I would suggest calling in to Sales and see if they can get you something.

With Business you can set up a discount and restrict it to a payment method, for example, "Credit card details captured for later processing', which all of your phone buyers will fall into and hence the ability to be able to give them a discount or a freebie etc.

You can get in touch with Sales at 0845 129 4800

Kind regards,
      Bruce King
      SellerDeck

Comment

Can't you give your staff logins in a special 'customer group'. Then design discounts just for this group.

Comment

This will be possible if you are on the Business version of the software, you can then create customer accounts and assign specific discounts to the account and use the login while creating an offline order.

but there are up to 3 of us trying to process orders at once, and Actinic is only on one machine so we'd need the functionality to be online, accessible from any terminal.
          This was why I mentioned MultiUser as other versions of Actinic are PC based and cannot be installed on a server for other users to access.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
          X