Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

User Defined field doesn't show

I have several challenges:

1. I want to use the User defined field <USERDEFINED3/>, but when I check to show the field, it doesn't show up on the site.

2. I want to add the user defined field Website (cont.)/payment details and the purchase order number to the response emails. In the advanced user guide it explains how to do this for USERDEFINED3, but how do I do it for these other fields. What if I wanted to add additional user definable fields on Website (cont.)/general information to the response emails, is there a standard way to do this?

3. I have checked the "remember me" box, but it does not show.

4. The site asks for the user to insert their password a second time before the order is placed. How do I remove this feature?

Took me most of the day but I answered most of my own questions except:

2. I want to add the purchase order number to the response emails. How would I go about doing this?

4. The site asks for the user to insert their password a second time before the order is placed. How do I remove this feature?

I also ran across one other challenge. How do I get CUSTOM VARS for a product to show up on the response emails.

Jan, you're the Actinic expert email, any ideas?

Comment

2. I want to add the purchase order number to the response emails. How would I go about doing this?

Can't see how to do this. There is a discussion here on adding other fields. Maybe you could use one of these.

There is no way to remove this feature I'm afraid. It only happens when people are not entering any payment info - i.e. they are paying on account or on invoice.

I also ran across one other challenge. How do I get CUSTOM VARS for a product to show up on the response emails.

No way to do this - custom properties are not carried into the shopping cart. You can add a non-optional component into the cart with the product that adds an some extra user-definable text to the product in the cart. Check the knowledge base here for details on stopping quantity fields appearing next to these non-optional components.

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken

Can't see how to do this. There is a discussion here on adding other fields. Maybe you could use one of these.
        I understand how to put in the userdefined field 3 into the email by modifying the perl as outlined in the advanced user guide. Is there any reason why you could not also use the userdefined fields 1 and 2 the exact same way?

There is no way to remove this feature I'm afraid. It only happens when people are not entering any payment info - i.e. they are paying on account or on invoice.
        I discovered an easy way to eliminate this feature and still allow the customer to not enter any payment information. Thanks anyway.

No way to do this - custom properties are not carried into the shopping cart. You can add a non-optional component into the cart with the product that adds an some extra user-definable text to the product in the cart. Check the knowledge base here for details on stopping quantity fields appearing next to these non-optional components.
        I will explore these options that are outlined. Perhaps you could add the CustomVAR features on the wish list in the next version of the product. This would definately make the product a lot more flexible.

Comment

I have added it to the wish list

Comment

Working...
          X