Placement of SSL Certificate Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Placement of SSL Certificate Code

I am a newly registered member of the community. All my questions, until now, have been answered by reading the posts of other members.

I built my site, supplyspecialties.biz, using only the tools provided by Actinic7. I do not know
    a stitch of code. For my industry the tools provided are adequate.

My domain host is in the process of securing my log in and checkout pages and I’ve received my SSL emblem code. I want to place the emblem code in a particular place in the code for the home page (only) in order for the emblem to appear where I want it to appear when I upload the site.

Everyone I’ve spoken or corresponded with at my domain host and Actinic has told me repeatedly that I can place the code “anywhere I want”. “All I have to do” is paste the code where I want the emblem to appear. And that’s my problem. I don’t know “where” in the home page code to place
    the emblem code to get it to appear where I want. I know nothing, absolutely nothing about code.

I’m willing to pay a developer to accomplish this for me, but I can’t find one that can read PERL.

If anyone can help, and they will go to my site, I want the emblem to appear on the home page only, in the white area under the content tree, to the left of the bottom of the distribution centers map.

I think the community is my last hope.

Thank you for your time.

Charles Bastari
    Last edited by Charles Bastari; 24-Nov-2005, 03:07 PM. Reason: wording

Would it be Ok on all your brochure pages? (this excludes product pages).

If so, then it can go into the Act_BrochurePrimary.html template. Any person with a little html knowledge will be able to put it there.

If you have any problems finding someone, then let me know and I'll do it for you. No charge.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Positioning of SSL Certificate

Mike,

Thank you so much for your response. You're the only one that's come to my rescue. You've helped make Thanksgiving for me this year. With a little advise from Actinic email support I was able to get the emblem approximately where I want it.

Can you advise me as to how to move it down and to the right so it will be centered?

Regards,
      Charles Bastari
      supplyspecialties.biz
      Last edited by Charles Bastari; 25-Nov-2005, 12:34 AM. Reason: Spelling Correction

Comment

Between the </table> tag and the <script tag, add a centred paragraph tag - like this
        </table><p align="center"><script

then after the closing </script> tag, add the closing </p> tag.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Well, that one didn't work so well for me. The body of the page (all that's to the right of the content tree) moved waay over to the right and the certificate disappeared. I've got it all back the way it was and am willing to try again.
          This was how the code looked after inserting the tags you suggested.

</table>
          </table><p align="center"><script
          <!--
          SiteSeal Html Builder Code:
          Shows the logo at URL [url]https://"image details deleted here for security"
          Logo type is ("NETSP")
          //-->
          <script language="JavaScript" src="https://"image details deleted here for security"
          type="text/javascript"></script>
          <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
          SiteSeal("https://"image details deleted here for security"
          "NETSP", "none");</script></p> tag
          Last edited by Charles Bastari; 25-Nov-2005, 04:53 AM. Reason: Wording

Comment

the word tag should not be there after the </p> - the code should look like this.
            Code:
            </table><p align="center"><script language="JavaScript" src="https://seals.networksolutions.com/siteseal/javascript/siteseal.js"     type="text/javascript"></script><script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">     SiteSeal("https://seal.networksolutions.com/images/greysealwcpro.gif", "NETSP", "none");</script></p></td>
            This code centres the logo in an otherwise blank page for me, it should centre the logo in the table cell for you.
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

And centre it did! See for yourself at supplyspecialties.biz.

I am so incompetent with code that I still had to wrestle it a bit to get it to work. I'm much more adept at labouring over spreadsheets for hours on end.

This place is great and you people are wonderful. I only wish I could contribute.
              Maybe eventually I will be able to.

Thanks again.

Charles
              Last edited by Charles Bastari; 25-Nov-2005, 04:53 AM. Reason: wording

Comment

Working...
              X