Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site Development

Hi all,

I've been running my natural health sites now for a couple of years. I currently run 2 sites selling the same products and have of re-designed them a couple of times.

www.aloevera-and-you.com

I am now looking to 'organise' my business effectively and I want to re-design the look and feel of the site (without it costing too much) - I have dreamweaver but not a great techy so not sure how far I'll get with that! I am also looking to merge the 2 sites together as it is not cost effective to be running both.

But I'm also looking to create a good 'back-office' management process to help become more effecient. I run a natural health shop with consumable products that customers buy on a regular basis and to help the customer and myself (to reduce advertising) I think I'm looking for a Customer Relationship Management system that will track my customers orders, but will automatically send them a reminder / message when their product is likely to have run out.

If you have any ideas on any of the above - systems people may have used / design templates people may have sourced it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

www.aloevera-and-you.com
    Best Regards
    www.yourxocaistore.co.uk - for all your Healthy Chocolate Needs - yes I did say 'Healthy Chocolate'
    www.bridgingthegap2.co.uk - for a range of natural health and wellness products
    www.youraloestore.co.uk - for Forever Living's Aloe Vera Products

Hi,

Are both sites selling exactly the same products? If so I guess all you will need to do is to take one of them offline or create a redirect to the one that you wish to use. If they have a few products you could then only move over those to the one site you want to go forward with.

I am now looking to 'organise' my business effectively and I want to re-design the look and feel of the site (without it costing too much) - I have dreamweaver but not a great techy so not sure how far I'll get with that!
    You could maybe ask on the "Any other business" forum and see if you get a response, or take a look at the Actinic Partners who offer such services on http://www.actinic.co.uk/ , look in Services | Design & Hosting.

I'm also looking to create a good 'back-office' management process to help become more effecient. I run a natural health shop with consumable products that customers buy on a regular basis and to help the customer and myself (to reduce advertising) I think I'm looking for a Customer Relationship Management system that will track my customers orders, but will automatically send them a reminder / message when their product is likely to have run out.
    I guess this is one for other users here on the community to comment to. I thought you could use Jan's 'One Stop Order Processing for Actinic' ( http://www.mole-end.biz/ ) but am not sure if it can offer you the reminder / message bit on products running out of stock, but i guess Jan will be the best one to comment on this.

Can other users please post comments here on thoughts or systems you have used to achieve something similar.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi there, we offer a service which maybe of some help, whereby we manage your website and orders, we can also redevelope your current site as well all for only £49.99 per month

Comment

Stuart - may be prudent to remove the specific quotation if you have not got an exact brief from the client as it could end up costing you a lot of money depending on what is required

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Sorry Jont, i'm not understanding what you are saying,.. we do offer a site redevelopment service and charge it monthly rather than a big upfront fee as we perfer to "pay as you earn" sorry

Comment

Stuart - I was trying to outline that now you have quoted as above the customer could request say 20 new flash movies per day, every day for a month all for the inclusive price. Always best to see exactly what the customer is after before putting out a quotation without restrictions or clauses as they can hold you to it at a later stage.

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

sorry Jont, i get your point now, yes there are restrictions to our services as we offer a redesign service for £49.99per month but with no monthly updates

hope this clarifies this point

Comment

Working...
              X