Encryption error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Encryption error

I have tonight with the assistance of the forum retsored my two site to the Actinic software from the back ups on the hard drive,

However upon downloading a couple of orders I encountered a new problem. The order downloade OK, but with an error that said something along the lines of "heavy encryption, order past its end date, contact customer for payment details"

I ran an order through myself and got the same.The orders are as normal except the payment details says "cc details sent seperatly" which I know they were not.

Clearly I have upset something that has worked well for three years! I have not refreshed the site since reestablishing it, will this fix it?
    Last edited by Mark Evenden; 25-Nov-2005, 10:27 PM. Reason: should of added

you need to restore your housekeeping keys.

Have you got a copy of the 4 keys from the backup - you would find them in Housekeeping, security

Comment

Thank you.

I just looked and all the fields in housekeeping-security are filled, what I am wondering is this - as I have two licences have I restored the sites to the wrong licence for example first site to second licence and so on? I say this because it was very much a matter of try this try that...

Comment

The licenses aren't relevant. It's the encryption key that you need to restore to the original value. These keys are kept in the Registry so you'll need access to the old system, or a Snaphot taken of the old system as this also contains these keys.

The reason these keys are filled in on your new system is that Actinic creates them when you install it. However this certainly won't match your old one. Your site will run using this new key but orders pending on your server won't be accessible, only new orders.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

So - I have a copy of Actinic V6 containing the previous sites on my desk top, I open it, then do what? !

Comment

go to housekeeping menu, security and copy/paste the encryption key from old to new

Comment

Working...
            X