Adding Trademark (TM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding Trademark (TM)

I've been instructed by a supplier that after the product name, I must put a little TM for trademark.

How can I do this?

in the description box press ALT +0153 on the numeric keypad ... this will show as a line in ACtinic but will preview OK

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

ie: thats press and hold the ALT key and tap in 0153 ... just thought would clarify the notation

Bikster

Comment

Thanks Jont, but this doesn't work in the Short Description, any ideas?

Comment

The HTML for this is ™. If this is only for the occasional product you can try embedding it into the name text. E.g.

Acme !!<&trade;>!! widget.

If you need this on all products then you could add the &trade; into Act_ProductLine.html just after NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman, works a treat!

Comment

It worked for me in the Short description - it won't preview in Actinic but will in a browser - see attached combined screen grab of Actinic (showing a vertical line) and the preview.

Anyways - you got it working
              Attached Files

Bikster

Comment

That's weird - it works for me in preview and on upload, both short description and description.

Developer 7.0.3

Comment

If you've used either method (I was typing mine at the same time as John), please check that you get sensible results on the Customer Email and downloaded Order. This may only be a problem if you embed something into the Product Name (the description doesn't get passed to the email or order).

Comment

Actinic and its peculiarities - never ceases to surprise.

Just a note about using HTML in the short description - this does pass through to search pages, cart, customer emails and downloaded orders and may cause an issue ... not so much an issue in this case but can if you wrap the short description into say a <h2> header. There is a thread where Norman has written a patch to remove any HTML markup from the cart and orders

Bikster

Comment

Must stop typing at the same time as others - gets very confusing

Bikster

Comment

Just a note about using HTML in the short description - this does pass through to search pages, cart, customer emails and downloaded orders and may cause an issue
                        And there was me thinking i'd cracked it.

Better for me to just add (TM) to description and not the product name.

Thanks guys.

Comment

You could always make an alternative Product Template, with the &trade; added just after NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME. Now use this Template for the (TM) type products only.

Or, if you like, I can tell you how to patch the Perl so that the &trade; is replaced by (TM) in the email and order.

Comment

Norman

The actinic adjustments that you are suggesting
                            I can tell you how to patch the Perl
                            are very useful but way over my head to implement I would guess.

This one passes over to my trusted designer who is about to redsign all my sites.

Comment

It should just be 2 simple edits to OrderScript.pl.

As long as you can use a text editor (even Notepad will do) you should be able to fix the Perl.

I'd rather tell you how to do it, than do it for you - as the Perl usually gets changed with each Actinic update and you have to re-do the tweak.

Comment

Working...
                              X