Preset Choices as Quantity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preset Choices as Quantity

Hi, im not sure is this the right place to post but im using v7. here's the situation.

currently im doing a website which customers is able to input their own measurements and we will make a shirt according to the numbers given.

i have created a page whereby the customer will have to select a choice from a range of radio buttons, which are preset. after the customer has input all the necessary measurements, all the measurements will be input into the shopping cart with one "add to cart" button at the bottom of the page.

everything works fine except that i have a doubt. now, the input numbers appear below each measurement, eg chest, waist, hip. is it possible to have the numbers input appear in the quantity column in the shopping cart, instead of the description column?

i have searched through the forum, but couldnt find one which is similar to my problem.

Thanks in advance.

is this mission impossible?

i had thought about it for sometime, wanted to change the template of the shopping cart so as to display what was intended. but upon further thought, it may affect the quantity of other products like how many shirts.

anyone has this kind of problem before? or have thought about it but couldnt done it?

thanks in advance.

Comment

I have tried to visualise what you want to achieve, but with no success. I don't think you really want number of inches (or centimetres) in a quantity column, because there is no way you could stop them totalling, so you would end up with an order for 6 shirts and 3856 cm.

Why not nip into my directory and check the clothing category, see how everyone else is doing it?
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

they wont total up.

maybe its clearer if i post some shots here.

the first one [current.jpg] is the one that i had done as per the first post.

the second [ideal.jpg] is the one which im suppose to do and ideally i can do it. [the measurements under the quantity was done up using a web editor ]

and thanks bill, for the reply
        Attached Files

Comment

OK - I see what you are doing. The measurement points are your individual products.

The more normal approach is to have the shirt as the product and attributes like colour, neck size, style as components with multiple choices. This would solve the indicated problem of duplicate attributes needing to be deleted.
          Bill

Comment

Originally posted by wjcampbe
            The more normal approach is to have the shirt as the product and attributes like colour, neck size, style as components with multiple choices. This would solve the indicated problem of duplicate attributes needing to be deleted.
            Hi,
            currently i have made each colour, neck size and style as a product each for the reason that i have images to show the customers how each style looks like and how to obtain the various measurements. Graphics representation is better than detailed words

So it is to say that its not possible to have the measurement numbers appearing under the quantity column of the shopping cart, am i right to say so? if so, i would have to stick to what is showing in current.jpg

thanks for your replys

Comment

I would have to say no, because quantity is a whole number - the only way to represent 15-1/2 as a whole number is use a measurement system of half inch and record 31 half inches - not intuitive and very confusing for the shopper.

I honestly think you should explore the component idea a little and perhaps adding links to the 'how to measure' and 'what it looks like' pages in the description.
              Bill

Comment

Thanks for your advice
                i'll look into it

cheers

Comment