Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hidden Landing pages

Hi,
    I'd like to create a landing page for visitors who are given a special URL (www.mysite.co.uk/partnername). Anyone landing on that page would see a page with info relating to our special offer for customers of our partner. It would also allow the customer to add an item to his cart.

V7 has boxes that allow you to 'hide' pages and sections, but I think hide means it's not there - that's how it works on my summer offers page right now.
    I'm hoping there's an easy way for Actinic V7 to do this, so I don't have to do it all in DW.
    I tried searching for info on this with various terms (eg landing, hidden pages) without success. Many apologies if this has been covered off before.
    I can do all the discount stuff in Actinic already - just never been asked for a landing page before.
    Thanks in advance.
    Charles

The Advanced User Guide shows a method for excluding unregistered users from entering certain sections.

As I don't use customer accounts I use a slight hack in setting up a new section at the bottom of the content tree - called the section name (thereby page name) a mad random word eg ghY56 (so people cannot second guess it) and then under the General Tab against that section delete out the section name and use a space so Actinic realises the field is not empty... this then creates an "invisible" section on the main shop section page when used with the shim.gif section image. I don't use the inbuilt section navigations so it does not appear in the navigation. Not perfect but will keep away all but the keenest of browsers.

HTH

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
    X