Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

customvar with compact html/cgi

Hi

I am using a customvar in Act_ParentSectionsThis to get around the 50 character limit on section names - ie I am displaying greater than 50 char's section names in the breadcrumb trail (but without the parent sections) as a page title.

This was all fine and dandy during development, but have just discovered that when I switch on Compact HTML/CGI, the customvar disappears in the constructed pages, and I am left with an empty div. Have tried wrapping the customvar in <script> tags without success.

Any ideas?
    adaptive-image.co.uk

Problem solved - moved the customvar to ParentSectionsLink.

Curiously, I then had the customvar in the header bar twice - once from ParentSectionsLink and once from ParentSectionsThis (which started working when I added it to ParentSectionsLink).

Thanks if you had given this one any thought.
    adaptive-image.co.uk

Comment

ParentsSectionThis is the final stop on the trail (i.e. the current location) With ParentSectionLink disabled there was no trail, so I would say 'working as designed'.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi Bill

I see what you mean, but I had actually left the ParentSectionsLink & Separator in situ, with the content commented out, and all was fine until I compacted the code. I suppose it is logical though to remove the whole trail if the first bit contains no markup.

Thanks, Dan
        adaptive-image.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X