Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help...why test mode

Hi All
    I need some help. One of my customers called me and said did you know that your website is running in test mode...no ofcourse not..Why is it running in test mode..the settings when we upload does not say test mode..please help..strange...
    TIA

is it test mode for your PSP by any chance

not test/production mode with in actinic

Comment

Hi
      Its test mode for the PSP...so I have taken the flag off...and now it says credit card numbers are invalid evey time we try a different credit card number...I dont know how or why Actinic is validating credit card numbers as there is no online validation that is switched on...is there an internal checking within actinic or is there something I am doing wrong?

TIA

Comment

Where are you trying the cc numbers? Have you asked the PSP for permission to go live? And got them to switch you to their live servers?
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Originally posted by wjcampbe
          Where are you trying the cc numbers? Have you asked the PSP for permission to go live? And got them to switch you to their live servers?
          Hi
          We are not using a PSP...we are using Standard SSL (or un encrypted)..IT does not accept the cc nos. even though it says the credit card numbers may be sent unsecurely..

Comment

Doc,

Can you post a link to the site so that I can check it out for you, or is this issue sorted?

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce
              Doc,

Can you post a link to the site so that I can check it out for you, or is this issue sorted?

Kind regards,
              thanks Bruce
              The test mode bit is ok..but the cc nos. it seems that Actinic has an internal algorithm for accepting / rejecting certian card nos...I tried my own cc nos. , just changed the last digit and it rejected them as invalid cc nos. . I had to try a random no. 44444 etc.
              How does actinic validate credit cards?

Comment

A good description of how credit card numbers are validated can be found here http://www.brainjar.com/js/validation/default2.asp
                Bill
                www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

very clever...the last digit

Comment

Working...
                  X