Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free delivery required except for heavy products

A bit of advice required here.

I have site that provides free delivery for orders over £30.00. This is fine until someone orders a £500 Jukebox for delivery in Scotland and the courier cost is £80.00.

What is the best way for applying postage costs to heavy items?

Should I just include the postage it in the product price?

Should I set up a "Heavy Delivery" product component?

Any views on this would be appreciated.

David
    Regards
    David

David

If this only happens on a few products, then create a product which clearly states that £80 postage is included in the price, as it is over the £30 ceiling, no further costs will be added at checkout.

If the customer can come collect though, you will need to provide a way for them to tell you and also remove the £80 cost. I would suggest creating a component called delivery costing £80, which is selected by default. Explain clearly that if collection is wanted to select "collection" which would be a second option in the drop down box.

As the component is adding the £80 postage cost, if the customer deselects, then the price will be as it should be.

Beware of VAT too, is delivery £80 + vat, or £80 incl. vat.

You could also use the "new products" template and change the "new.gif" for a "free delivery.GIF", which would also make it stand out. Then select the product template for each product where this situation occurs.

Comment

Thanks for reply - I'll give that a go.
      Regards
      David

Comment

Working...
      X