Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snowlines Site...text field holding area

Hi Normen et al!

I'm just trying to figure out the best way of providing the "summary" box as utilized here:

http://www.snowlines.co.uk/acatalog/...WET_FLIES.html

I'm currently using an image map selection mechanism for a series of attribute/choices. Many customers will order 12 of a given choice set, and then 12 of another much like the snowlines site. I love the feature of being able to summarize it all on one screen.

Can this be done? I'm not a javascript expert by any means and I've looked at the code on that site for hours trying to get it figured out. Any assistance or tips would be greatly appreciated.

That page was custom coded to sell fishing flys that cost only pennies each, always sell in lots of types and sizes and that would discourage customers if they had to go to and from the cart every time they wanted one type.

That's a bit tricky to do as the site and the code that generates the Snowlines image map is created from a huge Delphi program that builds the entire site from the shops EPOS system database. JavaScript then takes over on the web-page to operate the sub-cart that lets all those tiny, cheap, items be visually selected. When that lot is finally submitted some mods to Actinics Perl scripts sum all the little bits to create a grand quantity total. This would be a huge job to re-do for another application.

Now you may not have to go through all that as I have just finished a two much more usable extensions to Actinic.

AUTO IMAGE MAPS

These allow an image map to automatically be created from an Attributes set of choices.

You just define the image to include in a customvar and set a few
    more customvars containing the image height, width,
    number of rows and columns in map, sweet spot size, and which Attribute to associate the map with.

From then all everything is generated automatically.
    The usual drop down list is generated and can be manipuleted either by selecting an item normally, or by clicking the appropriate bit of the image map.

These are fairly easy to impement as no Perl script patches are needed.

also

QUANTITY SELECTION MATRIXES

The following set of patches add the capability to build a matrix of
    quantity cells on the product page
    where the entered values will be summed when adding to cart.
    The matrix is editable in the Cart and displayed on the checkout pages.
    A list of the non-zero choices is passed to the customer e-mail, Orders and
    Reports.

For example if you have a product that you wholesale in 5 sizes
    and 4 colours you could have a quantity matrix on the web-page:-
    (horribly munged by e-mail no doubt):-

Colour/Size S M L XL XXL

Red 0 0 0 0 0
    Green 0 0 0 0 0
    Blue 0 0 0 0 0
    Yellow 0 0 0 0 0

Where the customer can enter whatever quantities they like in the "0" cells.

To implement the above example all you need to do is in a Product's dialogue
    is
    to set the CUSTOMVARS:-

QTYCOLS to "Size,S,M,L,XL,XXL"
    QTYROWS to "Colour,Red,Green,Blue,Yellow"

And that's that.

These patches involve modifications to 5 of the Actinic Perl scripts and I've done them for 6.1.2 only at the mement.

These won't do exactly what the Snowlines site is capable off but would get you pretty close.

You can see it on http://www.drillpine.biz/aura/acatal...izes_Demo.html that combines the image map and the quantity tables and there are some simpler examples in
    http://www.drillpine.biz/aura/acatal..._Products.html as well.

I won't be giving these away as they were a lot of work and will need updating whenever Actinic issues patches. Contact me for more info.

Norman
    Attached Files
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
    X