Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attributes + Permutations problems

Hey guys, I'm back again,

Right so, I am creating a site at the moment and the client wants me to provide an area where the customer can purchase samples. The customer can only every buy up to 5 samples

I assumed the best way to do it would be to set up a single product with a component inside, then have a series of 5 drop downs with each product in each drop down.

Something a little bit like this. (GF is the product code)

Sample 1 (options – none, GF1, GF2, GF3, GF4, GF5, GF6)

Sample 2 (options – none, GF1, GF2, GF3, GF4, GF5, GF6)

Sample 3 (options – none, GF1, GF2, GF3, GF4, GF5, GF6)

Sample 4 (options – none, GF1, GF2, GF3, GF4, GF5, GF6)

Sample 5 (options – none, GF1, GF2, GF3, GF4, GF5, GF6)

Then the user goes in, fills the drop downs and buys the whole product.

The problem with this method is i can only use the Permutations tab to set up the prices, so in theory i would have to set (roughly and for this example) 5^6 different price combinations, thats 15625 combinations!!! Then bear in mind that they have 25+ products thats going to give me way too many prices to work out!!!!

So what I need is a way to set up that rather than these permutations set the entire price, they just add to the current price. Any chance of getting this functioning?

Hope i made that clear enough for you guys, any help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers in advance. Andy.

Andy

Not sure if ive grasped what you want to do properly, ive read your post abt 8 times!! I have just woke up tho.

Customer selects a product with which they are allowed 5 samples. Cant you create all the samples into a section and then have 5 drop down lists where the customer chooses the samples they would like. If there is a charge on the samples then as long as their price is added to the product price, when a component is sold, i dont see why this wont work?

I have 13 components on one of my products. The product itself has 6 options (its a model car, you have to select one of the 6 models). Once youve selected the model, the optional upgrades and batteries etc are listed with checkboxes. Customer selects the model, then the batteries or spares they would like also and then actinic calculates the total as each of the options has its own price.

I may have missed the point, from the lack of responses, quite a few may have also. If you can provide a visual of what you are doing it may help.

Cheers

Lee

Comment

Hey, sorry for the delay in my reply, been busy with other jobs finally getting back to this development.

What you explain is exactly what i need to do, with each new option ADDING to the price, at the moment, or as far as i can find, you have to define each combination a total value.

Sorry if i didn't make it very clear before, i do tend to ramble on a bit!

Cheers Andy.

Comment

If each sample is the same price try this.

Make a single 0 priced product.
        Give it 5 components priced at a per sample price (via Component Details / Prices).
        Give each component an Attribute for that Sample choice
        Add in Choices for each sample.
        In each Component / General tab make Optional and with Include None in Attribute Choice List
        In Product Details / General set Pricing Model to be Sum of Component Prices.
        In Product Details / Details set both Min Qty and Max Qty to be 1.

You now have a product where the price will increase for each sample that is chosen - no need for Permutations.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X