Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customising templates quickly?

Hello all

At the moment, I'm developing in Dreamweaver: opening the template, pasting my design at the bottom, transferring the placeholders from the original code above, and saving the files. What I'd like to do is make changes, quickly see the results, ammend as necessary, and repeat the process.

So what is the best practice method for customising templates and seeing the results?

Doing an 'Update website' takes ages, so I'm wondering if you use a quicker method? Should I be using 'Offline page preview'?

I should point out that I have set up Apache, Perl and an FTP server.

Thanks

Hi - simply make the changes to the template in DW .. save .. and preview in browser under Actinic .... this will show all the main pages other than the cart which will need to be on a server (local or remote)

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks for your reply. Which templates do you normally change?

Comment

It depends what you wish to achieve.

The basic templates are Act_Primary, Act_BrochurePrimary and probably Act_ShoppingCart.

Have a look at the template manager (and the advanced user guide) it will help you find out which template does what.

Duncan R

Comment

Act_ProductLine.html is the other usual suspect ... used foy laying out the products

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
          X