Different Section lists for product/ supplier etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different Section lists for product/ supplier etc

It it possible to have different lists that rae generated from thr main product list.
    I currently have one list of all my products. Can I generate a list so that a customer can find all products by a particular supplier.
    I am currently using best seller theme.
    Thanks.

Can you not create new sections for the suppliers and duplicate the products in?

If you have lots of suppliers may be better to create a master "supplier" section and put the actual suppliers in as sub-sections so as not to make the navigation list too long and confusing

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Im looking to generate a seperate list that customers can click onto and select from a list of suppliers. This supplier list would then show all their products available under seperate groups

Comment

Zippy

I have a similar thing on mine. On my home page i have all the logos of manufacturers we deal with (about 40). If any of those are clicked they illustrate to the customer all products we sell from that manufacturer.

I created my catalogue, once complete and up to date, i then "pasted as duplicate" the products into each manufacturers section. I created a "manufacturers" section in my shop and then had each manufacturer as a sub-section. Into these sub section lists put your products, when your customer selects the particular manufacturer, they see all products from that one.

Comment

Could you send your shop address so I can take a look to see if thats what I am after.
          Thanks

Comment

Hi Zippy

Im working on it at the mo, but you will still get the effect.

My home page is http://www.bhammodelcentre.co.uk. If you scroll to the bottom you will see logos of all our manufacturers we deal with.

Locate the "HPI Racing" logo and click on it and it will take you into the manufacturers secion on actinic, in which HPI Racing is a sub-section. I have manually copied duplicate products into the "HPI Racing" sub-section, so someone can either find the model using the normal method (car & truck kits), or they can search via manufacturer only and see only those manufacturers products.

Only the HPI one is populated as im working on it at the mo. Ive just uploaded actinic so the HPI section has some products in it (for you to see). If you click on any of the other logos, you will go to a page where there are no products, however you will catch the drift as these will have products in them, once ive duplicated the relevant products.

Comment

This is exactly what I want to do... but I can't access the site in the URL above.

Has anyone else successfully managed to do this?

Ideally I want two Javascript drop down menus - one for product ranges and the other for manufacturers. Would one of Noman's menu's work for this?

thanks

Goz.
              Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
              SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
              Based in rural Northants

Comment

I guess what I'm asking is "can I have 2 javascript dropdown menus - one with half of my sections on, and the second with the other half". Is this possible?

Goz.
                Based in rural Northants

Comment

This (as everyone above seems to be saying) is simply achieved by splitting your catalog into two top-level Sections - By Product and By Manufacturer. One of these contains all your products and the other all the duplicates, in whatever set of sub-sections that suit.

You can use this with JavaScript Menus and would only need one as you could display the top 2 entries one above (or beside) the other.
                  Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                  Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Sorry Norman - I feel I 'm being a bit dense here.

I understand about having 2 catalog sections - one for manufacturers with one subsection for each manufacturer and one for products with one subsection for each product category.

I haven't grasped how to produce a javascript drop down menu that only contains the manufacturer subsections and another one that only contains the product subsections.

I've read the manuals - honest - several times, but the penny hasn't dropped yet.

regards

Andy
                    Based in rural Northants

Comment

Lets say you have 2 top-level sections, each of which contains a set of sub-sections, etc. And you're using <!--@act NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONTREE_RAW --> to load the section structure, then in whatever JavaScript you want to use just do something like

// Drop down 1 code
                      displayMenu(section_tree[1].pChild);

and

// Drop down 2 code
                      displayMenu(section_tree[2].pChild);

as each of these simply works like the entire tree but starting 1 branch down.

You can test this by putting

<script language=Javascript1.2>
                      document.write(YahooSections(section_tree[1].pChild))
                      </script>

and

<script language=Javascript1.2>
                      document.write(YahooSections(section_tree[2].pChild))
                      </script>

into 2 different places in Act_Primary.html

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Norman

At the second time of trying, I have understood and now achieved it!

http://www.elysium-shop.co.uk/acatalog/index.html

All I need to do now is to figure out how to stop the top level sections appearing in the main body of the page and/or move the fragment above the sections.

Thanks for your help Norman

regards

Andy
                        Based in rural Northants

Comment

Are there any options for doing the above without javascript to make the menus search engine friendly. I understand how to do it with top level sections only as per another thread, but what about sections and subsections? I want to have three menu lists; product by category, product by brand, and product by supplier.

Cheers
                          Richard
                          http://www.smarterproducts.co.uk

Comment

Afraid not. It's either the static top-level links or the JavaScript structures.

As long as you let Actinic maintain a Site Map and make a link to it in your Primary Templates, you have all the navigation needed to let engines find all your pages.

Comment

Actually, there is another way.

If you have PHP you could pass your pages through a script that reads the Act_Section_tree.js file as data, extracts the names and links and writes these out as plain HTML. Tricky job, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X