Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netquotevar:priceexplanation

Hello Everyone,

Can someone one tell me what NETQUOTEVAR:PRICEEXPLANATION does? I've just realised that I didn't move it with NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE when I was editing a template but leaving it in its original location doesn't appear to have had an adverse effect on the layout.

Is it something that will be displayed if we have something else "checked"?

TIA, David
    David
    Mandrake Press Ltd

<a href="http://www.mandrake-press.co.uk" target="_blank">www.mandrake-press.co.uk</a>

Sorry, ignore me. I've found it now
    David
    Mandrake Press Ltd

<a href="http://www.mandrake-press.co.uk" target="_blank">www.mandrake-press.co.uk</a>

Comment

David,

NQV:PRICEEXPLANTION produces the explanatory test describing th price that a customer is paying for a product, applicable to Business and Developer only when you have customer accounts and price schedules in operation. Thedisplay would then be Retail : £8.51 Your Price : £6.00 for example.

Kind regards,
      Bruce King
      SellerDeck

Comment

Sorry to disagree with a Mod, but the AUG says the following . . .

PRICEEXPLANATION
        Act_ProductLine.html
        The price explanation Explanatory text, describing the price that customer is paying for the product
        Customer Message field in the Prices tab (Actinic Business only)
        David
        Mandrake Press Ltd

Comment

Sorry to disagree with a Mod, but the AUG says the following
          Sorry to disagree with a Moderator and the Manual but...

If I put debug codes in the template like so -
          Code:
          1     NETQUOTEVAR:PRICEEXPLANATION<br> 2
          <b>3 NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE 4</b><br>
          and compile and login, it displays this -
          Code:
          23 Retail Price:   £34.96 / €43.70 (Including: VAT at 17.5%)
          Your Price:   £31.47 / €39.34 (Including: VAT at 17.5%)
          Thus showing that PRICEEXPLANATION is actually empty, and the extra information (retail price, your price) is actually contained in NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE... So that still leaves the question - what does PRICEEXPLANATION do? I want to delete it but I need to know what it does first...
          John

Comment

So that still leaves the question - what does PRICEEXPLANATION do? I want to delete it but I need to know what it does first...
            Hi there

Are you using Actinic Business? If you are, then you will see in the 'Prices' tab is a 'Customer Message' field in each row. This is where you can enter...
            Explanatory text, describing the price that customer is paying for the product
            If you are not using Actinic Business, then you can remove this field.

Comment

Working...
            X