Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New PSP...

Hi All
    We are having to use a new PSP which is not integrated into Actinic. How easy would it be to do that?
    I guess during the checkout, we would have to stop Actinic from asking for credit card details and transfer the customer to our secure PSP...how do we stop the credit card details showing up and interface to the PSP...and when the customer completes the transaction, then he reurns to Actinic...Is that difficult to do?

TIA

Maybe this will help (but not in a good way) to understand the BIG problem

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=17755

Max

Comment

Hi Max
      I have read this thread...have you solved your problem yet?....It seems integration is more difficult then one first thinks
      Our PSP said..oh here is a single line of code you just put into your system and voilla..it will work..so now we tell them no...its a bit more complex then putting a single line of html...
      Let me know how things worked out for you...hey I can speak few words of Bassler Deutch....

Comment

Not that simple I'm afraid, if the site was asp or php then your PSP is correct just changing a few lines of code would suffice, unfortunately using actinic, its a real bother to do it, you need to purchase (or your PSP) the PSP toolkit which costs in the region of Stg. 1,000.00 and you also need a good perl programmer.

I decided to drop the PSP I had in mind and used the paypal setup already incorporated in to actinic.

I have say its not very satisfactory that this problem is not well advertised on the actinic web site, I may have (and probably others also) would go for a different program to make their web storefront.

I think actinic will have to wake up to the fact if they really want to corner the market, the "easy" option of incorporating other PSP will have to investigated, especially if they are looking at the rest of Europe to sell their goods in.

Without wanting to make a big story here, the problem of the PSP and putting together the site in two or three languages is a disappointment when you consider what else is on the market http://www.edisplay.it/web/index.php that can handle multi-language options at a click of a button.

Max

Comment

Originally posted by Max
          Hmmm, is there an English version ability to this website u know?

Comment

Originally posted by Max
            Without wanting to make a big story here, the problem of the PSP and putting together the site in two or three languages is a disappointment when you consider what else is on the market http://www.edisplay.it/web/index.php that can handle multi-language options at a click of a button.

Max
            I thought about paypal..but i heard there is a limit of $500 on a purchase. is this true?

Comment

Originally posted by Support@Techno-
              Hmmm, is there an English version ability to this website u know?

I built a couple years ago a B2C site using this exact program, two languages Italian / English

Click on this link to see how its done

http://www.edisplay.it/web/help/man_pro/b2c_doc.php

Max

Comment

Originally posted by Doc
                I thought about paypal..but i heard there is a limit of $500 on a purchase. is this true?

If your site generates more than the limit per month they will ask you for your credit card - this acts as an insurance for them against fraud.

To set up the paypal account, install it and get it up and running took all of five minutes, that includes registration with paypal.

Cost is zero, so at least the site is up and running, after which, you can get a merchant account from other PSP which can take up to three/four weeks.

You can also drop Paypal just as quickly if you find you are happier with another PSP.

Max

Comment

Originally posted by Max
                  I built a couple years ago a B2C site using this exact program, two languages Italian / English

Click on this link to see how its done

http://www.edisplay.it/web/help/man_pro/b2c_doc.php

Max
                  Dont dispute that you and others may have designed multi language sites using this, but is there an English version to this product, i.e. a set of web pages that explains everything which is it is saying in Italian in English..

Quick laugh - If it wants to be taken seriously in the UK, then it should be in English just joking with you, but see the point.

Comment

Dont dispute that you and others may have designed multi language sites using this, but is there an English version to this product, i.e. a set of web pages that explains everything which is it is saying in Italian in English..

Quick laugh - If it wants to be taken seriously in the UK, then it should be in English just joking with you, but see the point.
                    Here is your chance that you always been looking for...to learn Italian...its a doddle,,, ..You will be able to tell difference between Pizza and Pitza in no time...

Comment

Program templates are in Italian, but if like me programming in different languages is not a problem, then what ever the template language, then its not a problem.

Lets face it html is the same in any language

My original point regarding edisplay was the ease to make a web site in two languages while using the same stock monitoring etc - which for actinic is not the case - for example this site I'm building also has to be in english (on the same server) http://www.storeswiss.ch/it/index.html , while edisplay its just a case of pressing a button on the program template and then adding text in english to the products for sale!

Max

Comment

Originally posted by Doc
                        Here is your chance that you always been looking for...to learn Italian...its a doddle,,, ..You will be able to tell difference between Pizza and Pitza in no time...

Pizza and Piazza

Comment

What solution in the end?

Hi,
                          I am also very interested in using a PSP not integrated into Actinic (namely : Atos, France). Is it possible?

thanks for your help
                          Mathieu Perino
                          ICTL - Liaisons Optiques

Comment

Working...
                          X