Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uninstall V7

Hi

I have experienced problems with my website ver 7 and have been recommended to uninstall actininc and then re-install. After this to update my website with the clean install.

However I have tried to un-install by using Control panel and the add/unistall programmes. I thought I had acheived this, however it appears that I still have the programme on the computer with two updates to v7.

I now cannot access actinic thru my desktop shortcut or by accessing the programmes files. I now receive messages telling me that I have missing files etc.

How do I uninstall to sort all this out.

Thanks

Tim

I would suggest, uninstalling Actinic and then deleting the Actinic vx folder in Program Files. Once that is done, try the reinstall.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Uninstall Actininc 7

Hi

Thanks for reply. I wish it was that easy! I have tried to uninstall using the control panel add/delete section. The programme went through the wise uninstall process and I thought that it had removed actinic. However on checking it has left all the files and contents of actinic in the programs file.

If I try to re-install from the cd-rom I get a message saying that it has found another file called "sites" and I need to either delete or re-name the existing.

As the problem appears to affect my website, I was advised to remove all actininc files, re-load and then update my website with the new files.

At the present I cannot uninstall or access actinic on my computer so am unable to do any work on my website.

Any suggestions

Comment

Tim,

I have just had a similar experience with another product, where my attempts to delete the folder being left behind stopped a proper reload.

With XP SP2 the answer was to run chkdsk/f (which of course says - cannot get exclusive use of the drive, will be scheduled to run at next startup - accept that option). That cleared the problem and my application then loaded correctly.

Just before you do this, just confirm you do have a full backup of the contents of your site1 folder and at least one snapshot that has been tested and confirmed to work.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

May be worth doing a manual trawl through the registry to see if anything has been orphaned and causing the reload issues.

Start > Run > Regedit

search on "actinic" to see what it brings up

As ever apply with caution and backup the registry prior to doing anything major

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I had a problem like this when removing and re-installing Actinic. I found that a folder called Actinic V7 was left in the program files folder, along with many other folders belonging to long ago (presumed) removed programs. To see if the folder is there you press (in WinXP) start > My computer > Local disc > Program files. Once deleted everything worked properly.
            Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
            X