Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discount query - is this possible?

Hi

I have a query regarding a discount structure in Actinic and wonder if anyone can tell me:

a) whether it's possible
    B) point in the right direction to doing it.

Most of our products are retail sales requiring no logging in by the customer. We have a range of about 12 products which we also supply to trade customers. The pricing and discount structure for these works as follows:

- Each product has a base trade price.
    - if a customer purchases between 6 and 11 products from the range (these can be mixed and matched, i.e. 3 of one, 4 of another and 2 of a another) they receive 5% discount off of the total.
    - if they purchase between 11 and 23 products they get 7% off of the total.
    - then finally, if they purchase 24 or more products they get 10% off of the total.

Is it possible to replicate that discounting structure using actinic business?

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

Mark,

This is easily done with Business, You will have to go to View | Discounts and Surcharge settings | Cart Contents and set up the discounts. I have attached a zip file with screen grabs of how it is to be done along with screen grabs of what It would look like in the cart on the site.

You will have to create a Product Group and put all ther products you want to offer the discount on in the group.

Hope this helps,
    Attached Files
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Excellent, thanks Bruce.

Can you set discounts so that only certain customer groups see them, i.e. if a retail customer purchased several items the discount wouldn't apply to them.

Mark

Comment

Yes, on the restrictions Tab of the 'Discounts and Surcharge settings' window you can restrict it to Customer groups.
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Correction, on the restrictions tab of the specific discount type, in this case the "Cart Contents" tab.
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Great, i'd looked there but missed it.

Many thanks for the assistance.

Mark

Comment

Working...
            X