Actinic is not able to run the CGI scripts on the server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic is not able to run the CGI scripts on the server

Suddenly with all our actinic shops which are on different domains cgi does not work, but only partially.

It is possible to place an order but it is not possible to download orders or upload the shop.

It's strange because we did not change anything.
    cgi-bin is 755
    acatalog is 777

This is the message we get:

"Actinic is not able to run the CGI scripts on the server. It appears as if the scripts are not installed. The most likely cause is that you have an incorrect CGI-BIN URL. If you've never uploaded the site, then you should do it before a download of orders. If you've uploaded the site ever, then Run Web | Configure Web Site Details... to review your web site configuration."

What happens when you run a test on the Network Settings?
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

When I run a test on the network settings I'm getting the same message plus a second one:

"Actinic is not able to run the CGI scripts on the server. It appears as if the scripts are not installed. The most likely cause is that you have an incorrect CGI-BIN URL. If you've never uploaded the site, then you should do it before a download of orders. If you've uploaded the site ever, then Run Web | Configure Web Site Details... to review your web site configuration."

"The web server returned error code 404 - Requested URL not found. This means Actinic can not execute the CGI scripts on your web site. Run Web | Configure Web Site Details... to check the web setup."

Comment

Additionally when I try to upload and click "view response" I'm getting this message:

"The requested URL /cgi-bin/nq000001.pl was not found on this server."

I checked twice and nq000001.pl *is* there.

Comment

I contacted my host and it seems it was a problem with them, thank you!

Comment

Thats great Seopti, I would suggest removing the post above unless you want someone to hack into your scripts.
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
            X