Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search - pulldown list

Hi Guys
    We want to add a pulldown list search facility on the page under the free entry search facility - is there a search command in Actinic that we can feed with a parameter from a pulldown list please.

Any hints would be apprecitiated

Jerry

Some progress

Hi Guys

I managed to make some progress on this, but still struggling

On the search screen (not simple search in left column) I can change the form element to provide a pull down list

How do I get the one on the left column to do that please, files to look in etc would be handy please

I have been reading the design guide and the adv guide but struggling.

http://www.testingmyweb.co.uk Warning adult content

Cheers
    Jerry

Comment

Any offers

Hi Folks

Any one got any thoughts on how to implement this please

Jerry

Comment

The advanced user guide provides details of how to create an automatically populated drop down listing of top level sections and another for top and sub sections... Page 33 / 34, which will produce the list.

Might also be prudent to provide a warning that your site is adult content orientated when providing links for which people will click thru in an attempt to assist you.

Comment

Warning Adult content

Originally posted by Support@Techno-
          The advanced user guide provides details of how to create an automatically populated drop down listing of top level sections and another for top and sub sections... Page 33 / 34, which will produce the list.

Might also be prudent to provide a warning that your site is adult content orientated when providing links for which people will click thru in an attempt to assist you.
          Apologies for not warning at the link, However there is a front page that does warn all browsers of the type of content - (Its not actually my site)

I used the Adv User guid to get a pull down section list - very cool.. Thanks

but this is different, its a search list pull down for example pants, knickers or bras. so that the site returns a list of all of those products, not a section as such, but from any section.

We are quite happy to populate the pull down list, and theres s pull down listed in the search type, juts dont know how to make it work please.

Regards
          Jerry Barrett

Comment

You seem to have got the pull down working on the Advanced Search feature. I am checking to see if this is possible with the simple search too. Teh file you need to be looking at is Act_SimpleSearch.html.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Use the same bit of code you have used in the Advanced Search page on the simple search template and it should work just fine.

Kind regards,
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
              X