Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quantity errors when adding to basket

Hi there,

Have nearly finished our site and having some weird issues with quantity...

www.1newstreet.co.uk/index.html

When adding a product to the basket (ie http://www.1newstreet.co.uk/acatalog...a_anarchy.html)

and then clicking 'confirm' i get

Quantity The quantity must be a whole number between 1 and 32767.

Any ideas??????

Also does anyone know how to get the terms and conditions showing on my brochure page fragment? I have tried putting the infopanels netquotevar in and it just shows the variable...

Any comments anyone has on the site speed would also be appreciated. It is really slow on ISDN (64k), is this somethign to do with the configuration or do you thing we are into server issues?

Many thanks in advance

Alex
    Blog, Twitter, Facebook
    Actinic Ecommerce, CMS and Video production

www.petraboase.com
    www.progrow.co.uk
    www.christopherpiperwines.co.uk
    www.cheeksandcherries.co.uk
    www.skatewarehouse.co.uk

Hmm.. I'm wondering whether your issues with quantity are anything to do with the customisations you have made to the Act_OrderDetail.html template. I would suggest backing up your current template and then copying in an untouched one from the 'formats/themes/BusinessCSS' folder on your PC and see whether this sorts it. If it does, then try re-applying your changes to the new template.

Alternatively, change the shopping mode to 'Quantity in Shopping Cart' and skip the 'Confirm/Cancel' page altogether.

With regards to the terms and conditions, if you have them on a separate page (set in 'Design | Options | Miscellaneous') then a page will be uploaded to the 'acatalog' folder called 'info.html'. You could just hard-code links to this file. Otherwise, you need to manually copy and paste the terms and conditions into brochure fragments.

Comment

Thanks I will give that a go.

Did you have any thoughts about the speed?

Is this something that I need to take up with my hosting company or do you think there is somethign I could have done to slow it up?

Does any of the actinic cgi stuff put a load on the server or is there a way the server could be configured so that it would work but not very fast?

Many thanks.

Alex
      Blog, Twitter, Facebook

www.petraboase.com
      www.progrow.co.uk
      www.skatewarehouse.co.uk

Comment

Re your site speed. There seems to be something very weird in your templates as your page source is littered with reloads of the Actinic stylesheet.

e.g. here's a fragment from (ie http://www.1newstreet.co.uk/acatalo...ka_anarchy.html)

<SELECT NAME="v_7_1"><link href="actinic.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"><OPTION VALUE=1 SELECTED><span class="bodycopy">4</span> <link href="actinic.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"><OPTION VALUE=2 ><span class="bodycopy">5</span> <link href="actinic.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"><OPTION VALUE=3 ><span class="bodycopy">6</span> <link href="actinic.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"><OPTION VALUE=4 ><span class="bodycopy">7</span> <link href="actinic.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"><OPTION VALUE=5 ><span class="bodycopy">8</span> <link href="actinic.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"><OPTION VALUE=6 ><span class="bodycopy">9</span> <link href="actinic.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"><OPTION VALUE=7 ><span class="bodycopy">10</span> <link href="actinic.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"><OPTION VALUE=8 ><span class="bodycopy">11</span> </SELECT>

The above code would be generated by Act_VariantListChoice.html (I think). It may well be that browsers are repeatedly downloading that file and causing the slow site.

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Ahh.

Do you think this is beacause when editing the templates in dreamweaver you need to attach the stylesheet to see the styles?

I assume that what is actually happening is that the style sheet is called in once from a master template and then again each time it 'glues' the templates together.

Can you tell me what templates the style sheet should be linked into?

Well spotted by the way - I would never have noticed that!

Alex
          Blog, Twitter, Facebook

www.petraboase.com
          www.progrow.co.uk
          www.skatewarehouse.co.uk

Comment

The only reference to the style sheet you need is in the overall layout templates for your store. The default name for this is Act_Primary.html, and if you are using brochure pages, this will be Act_BrochurePrimary.html.

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
              Hmm.. I'm wondering whether your issues with quantity are anything to do with the customisations you have made to the Act_OrderDetail.html template. I would suggest backing up your current template and then copying in an untouched one from the 'formats/themes/BusinessCSS' folder on your PC and see whether this sorts it. If it does, then try re-applying your changes to the new template.

Alternatively, change the shopping mode to 'Quantity in Shopping Cart' and skip the 'Confirm/Cancel' page altogether.
              Chris,

Have tried replacing loads of the original files (including the one you suggested) with no luck. Also set the shopping mode to 'Quantity in Shopping Cart' and it came up with another error instead (this one was an error on a page by itself)...

I will get a selection of suspect files and upload them to this thread.

Anything else I can try?

I have even compared the code in Act_OrderDetail.html line by line with the original and it was OK.
              Blog, Twitter, Facebook

www.petraboase.com
              www.progrow.co.uk
              www.skatewarehouse.co.uk

Comment

Here is the error I get on the confirm page.

Notice the bottom of the page.

Alex
                Attached Files
                Blog, Twitter, Facebook

www.petraboase.com
                www.progrow.co.uk
                www.skatewarehouse.co.uk

Comment

That's mad - it is displaying the content of the cookie in the browser.

I would suggest swapping one of your products to use a bog-standard product template and see if that makes a difference to adding to the cart.

If that doesn't make a difference, then you are going to need a bit more in-depth support than I can give here. Register an email support question here (put the address of this thread into your query) and the support team will get back to you pretty soon with some more things to try.

Comment

Chris,

OK so I bit the bullet and decided to try to fix the problem by the process of elimination.

I took an old backup of the site and gradually overwrote the files with the latest ones until I found the problem.

It was the actinic.mdb file!

Glad that it's not my templates but less glad that the fix won't be so simple...

I am still running v6.0.1 so do you think a later version might solve this?

Also is there anyway of checking database for errors or validating it?

If none of this works then I guess I will need to make all the updates to the database again to bring it back upto date (unless you know of an easier way of doing this).

Thanks for listening.

Alex
                    Blog, Twitter, Facebook

www.petraboase.com
                    www.progrow.co.uk
                    www.skatewarehouse.co.uk

Comment

I don't know what is wrong with your templates (although it looks as if you have broken the confirmation template - if you update the cart it works, so maybe you have deleted the bit that passes the quantity onto the cart page - your buy now button is called BUYNOW2 mine is called BUYNOW, I don't know if that matters), however I wanted to point out that your euro conversion rate is wrong - but I expect that this is just because you are in development

Regards
                      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                      Multichannel order processing
                      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks for your comments.

When testing I noticed the error only occured when you confirm your addition to the basket.

As I mentioned before this only occurs when I put the latest version of the database back.

I assume then that my templates must be ok as they worked fine up till this point.

Alex
                        Blog, Twitter, Facebook

www.petraboase.com
                        www.progrow.co.uk
                        www.skatewarehouse.co.uk

Comment

Some success......

I have upgraded to the latest version of actinic and the error has completely gone.

Hooray!

All looks fine from my home machine but when I try from work (same browser and OS) i get soem cookie info showed at the bottom of the screen [see attachment].

Will this go if i change the quantity in basket option?

Alex
                          Attached Files
                          Blog, Twitter, Facebook

www.petraboase.com
                          www.progrow.co.uk
                          www.skatewarehouse.co.uk

Comment

Glad to hear things are getting ironed out for you.

One thing to try with the weird footer message is to go to 'Help | TroubleShooting' and click 'Purge Session Files'. This will eliminate any dodgy cookies that you may have lying around in your work PC.

Also, the footer message could be caused by firewall software at your work messing up the HTML. Changing the shopping mode to something else may eliminate the problem, but only because it will be using different HTML for the add to cart phase.

Comment

Latest news......

Having changed the quantity to basket i get the following error.

"A General Script Error Occurred

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Error: Aaron Feinburg Classic Throne:
                              Invalid order details
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner"

Something must still be wrong - Boohooo././././././.

I think me and my actinic software are about to fall out!

Someone please help.

Alex
                              Blog, Twitter, Facebook

www.petraboase.com
                              www.progrow.co.uk
                              www.skatewarehouse.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X