Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free item with order

Hi all,

I'd appreciate any thoughts anyone has on this one - our client wishes to set up a promotion that has the option of a free item when specific products are bought. However - and here's the catch - the items are not for normal sale (promotional stock only) and there can only be one free item with each order.

In a word - help! I tried doing this through the discounts tab, however we cannot add in an item that is hidden (which I thoughbt was the best way of doing it). I feel as though I'm missing something - anyone have any ideas?

Thanks all in advance!

May not be suitable for your situation as not sure of the products or market place but I always show promotional stock at it's full price - that way the buyer can see the actual price (inflate at will) , you can add in as part of a discounted get 1 free deal and if they are daft enough to buy then let them do so and you can make extra money

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont
      May not be suitable for your situation as not sure of the products or market place but I always show promotional stock at it's full price - that way the buyer can see the actual price (inflate at will) , you can add in as part of a discounted get 1 free deal and if they are daft enough to buy then let them do so and you can make extra money
      Thanks for the reply Jont

Not possible in this case unfortunately, as the promotional item is part of a deal with one of the client's suppliers, and they do not want it sold separately... would have been a tidy resolve though wouldn't it!

Here's a thought - I could add a component to the products on the promotion, which would pull through the promotional item. However, this would pull through one for each item ordered in the promotion. Does anyone know how to ensure only 1 item shows on the cart contents since it is strictly one per order?

Comment

this might create a conflict have not done it

set up your promo item as a product price 0, max quantity 1, hide on website, add product as a component as you said...!
        Gary Simpson
        www.tba
        Replacement blades, drills and cutters for your power tools.....

Comment

Working...
        X