GRRRRRR!! error message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GRRRRRR!! error message

Just before i go live and i notice an error has appeared!!!

All i have done (since it was fine) is updated all product weights and genuinely nothing that should have caused this to start. Whenener i "add to cart" a product, i get the next page where i confirm or go to checkout - thats all fine. However when i confirm and i am returned to the product page "after the 5 sec delay etc.". If i click back on my browser, then i get this error message, that i have never had before:

Warning: Page has Expired The page you requested was created using information you submitted in a form. This page is no longer available. As a security precaution, Internet Explorer does not automatically resubmit your information for you.

To resubmit your information and view this Web page, click the Refresh button.

Right when you don't need it!! been updating 3000 products over past 2 months and never an error, get to day before go live and bang, lets have him.

Full site refresh and update been done.

http://www.bhammodelcentre.co.uk

http://www.bhammodelcentre.co.uk/cgi-bin/ca000001.pl is the address its trying to return to when it fails.

AND now the default font on the site has changed, wtf is going on?

Thankx for any help

Lee

Just added three random items to cart with no problem - also do not see any changing font - is there a particular product that shows the error, or did you manage to resolve?
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I'm pretty sure that's just an IE security feature, try refreshing the page and it will come up fine. It happens on most eCommerce sites.

Comment

Hi Guys

If i add any product to cart and then confirm i want to buy it, i get to the screen where it pops up with the details and then get the auto direct back to the product after 5 secs. If at this stage, once i want to be able to press "back", i cant, i think its very bad and not acceptable.

It happens on all products for me and it never has done before. This is my run through:

On home page, click "kits" under car/trucks, then i click xmods and select a car model, click "add to cart" and i come to the confirmation screen. Click "confirm" quick page flicks up with order details and then im auto returned back to the product page. If i try to click "back" on my browser, which would be a normal move to back out of that particular section, then i get that error. (this is after its been added to cart and confirmed)

I am supposed to be going live today, but have managed to delay it until tomorrow. I would really appreciate anyone testing this their end and offering any advice. It has not done this in the past 2 months of development once, why now?

Cheers

Lee

Comment

Lee,

I was originally going to say that this would happen on every Actinic site when viewed in I.E until I checked Actinic's own store and discovered it did not happen there. I have now checked a couple of other sites and sure enough they dont have the problem. Although mine does!

Dave
          Cheers

David
          Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

Dave it has no reason to do it as nothing secure has happened and it was not doing it previously. I cant believe it the day b4 go live, sods law or what?

For some reason the page it tries to return to is not the one you came from.

Bill, the font change was somet i can't explain, it all changed to times new roman and then after i did an update, it changed back.

man im worried now.

Comment

when i click on add to cart and get directed to

http://www.bhammodelcentre.co.uk/cgi-bin/ca000001.pl

i also notice that the cost column on the page goes ludicrously wide if cart is over £1000. Geez its getting worse!!

Comment

I see the column width is rather oversize in IE, but not in Firefox or Opera. Add to cart always calls the ca00000x.pl script - that is normal.

I always end up back on the product I had just added to cart after the confirm/view cycle so that is working correctly.

The browser back button from the product page is reopening the last page you were at - which is the shopping cart, not another catalogue page - so that is working correctly.

No problem found.
                Bill

Comment

Originally posted by wjcampbe
                  I see the column width is rather oversize in IE, but not in Firefox or Opera. Add to cart always calls the ca00000x.pl script - that is normal.

I always end up back on the product I had just added to cart after the confirm/view cycle so that is working correctly.
                  I agree, that this part is fine.

Originally posted by wjcampbe
                  The browser back button from the product page is reopening the last page you were at - which is the shopping cart, not another catalogue page - so that is working correctly.

No problem found.
                  Thanks for your time Bill once again. Although that may technically be the last page i was at, once returned to the product i have just ordered, until yesterday i was always able to click on "back" and effectively move back up a level on the shop. This is what has now stopped. Not being able to move back a level after having bought something is a failure surely. When i click "back" here i get that error message, do you not get that?

Many thanks

Comment

Im not so sure that I would expect it to move back a level but I would expect it to go back to the cart without an error message, as the Actinic site does.

Dave
                    Cheers

David
                    Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

My sites work just like you are describing, which is what I would expect. I'm surprised that the browser back button could take you to a page which wasn't actually your last page.

If you don't confirm your cart addition then of course you can go back as you describe.

Duncan R

Comment

Just strange as it hasn't worked like that for 2 months.

Problem is now if you do click back and get that error message i posted in first message, its off putting. Do you guys gets the error message too then?

Very strange.

What template do i need to open to cure that over wide cost column when cart total is over £1000?

cheers

Lee

Comment

Lee,

I get the error message if I try to go back to the cart view (which results from the html POST which is done by the confirm button), but that is correct browser behaviour.

Not sure you can do anything about the temporary width of the cost column, since that is just the way IE handles the table. It corrects itself when you view cart or checkout, it is only on the quickview page on the way back from confirm that you get the stretch.
                          Bill

Comment

Working...
                          X