Style Sheet Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Style Sheet Problems

I'm having some problems with my style sheets. As you navigate through the site the links down the side of the page (added in manually, not part of an Actinic theme) change size as does the rest of the text used throughout the site. Sometimes its bold, sometimes not. Seems fine on my PC, not on my Mac.

Its really beginning to grate so if anyone can shed any light on it that would be great. You can see the site at:

http://www.ahapremier.com/acatalog/t...alog/shop.html

Thanks
    Charles

You appear to be importing a local addressed CSS file

Code:
    @import url(file:///C|/Program%20Files/Actinic%20Ecommerce%20v7/Sites/AHA%20Premier/actinic.css);
    you need it to be relative to the site not your hard drive.

It would be better practice to put all the left hand navigation in its own <div> with appropriate id rather than adding in all the same classes into the href

HTH

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thats weird, as when I look at the .css link in Dreamweaver is just says: @import url("actinic.css"); so I would assume its just pulling it in from the actinic directory online?

Also being a bit of a <divvy> when it comes to HTML I have no idea what you mean about adding the 'left hand navigation in its own <div> with appropriate id rather than adding in all the same classes into the href ' Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks
      Charles

Comment

The pages where the CSS is working appear to just have the "actinic.css" path - the dodgy ones are pointng to your hard drive - may be best hardcoding the full path to the server

To add the <div> wrap the table you have containing all the links as shown

<div id="mynavcss">
        <table .....

</table>
        </div>

where the css for the mynavcss is in the style sheet as ...

#mynavcss {
        font-family: arial, verdana, sans-serif;
        color: #990000;
        etc etc
        }

#mynavcss a:link {
        etc
        }

#mynavcss a:visited {
        etc
        }

notice the use of the # before the name. You can only use this once on a page ie to wrap around the nav table. Add in the CSS for the Link, Visited, Hover and Active states as outlined above

Hope that makes sense

Bikster

Comment

Driving home remembered that some of your CSS is embedded into the template ... you should really remove this into a separate stylesheet as any minor changes to the CSS will require a full upload of the site whereas if they are in a standalone sheet any changes require just the 1 page to be uploded .... I need to get out more

Bikster

Comment

Working...
          X