Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sticking Code into Templates?

Hello,

I was wondering if I could stick code into the productline.

I was thinking of allowing my server to parse html files as php files and then inserting the following code into the productline template so that a link would be generated for each item.

I havnt really thought much about it - I just came up with it now. Would this work?

PHP Code:
    $offer_id 'NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREF';
    $ignore  'this';

$query sprintf("SELECT name, product_url FROM clproducts WHERE offer_id='%s'",

mysql_real_escape_string($offer_id),

mysql_real_escape_string($ignore));

// Perform Query
    $result mysql_query($query);

// Use result
    while ($row mysql_fetch_assoc($result)) {
    $name $row["name"];
    $product_url $row["product_url"];

echo( 
    "<p>$name<br></br>" .
    "(by <a href='$product_url'>$name</a>)</p>" );

mysql_free_result($result);

You can embed PHP in Actinic generated pages.

There are some things to be aware of.

You should go to View / Search Settings / Results and turn off "Highlight Located Text". Failing to do this will pass pages accessed via the search results through a Perl script and PHP code won't be interpreted.

Use (undocumented) NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE instead of NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREF, as the latter contains formatting and isn't the plain reference code.

P.S. See http://www.drillpine.biz/v7php-test/...c_Products.php where I'm using PHP to provide alternative and filtered views of the catalog pages.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Ah Norm,

You seem to have all the skills!

Ok I tried it out but it had no effect. I put the code into act_productline.htm but it made no difference to the site. Where would I stick this code to have a link displayed above my buy it now button?

M.

Comment

You may not be passing the page through PHP at all.

Put a few echo "Hello World"; type statements into your code so you can see if it's executing.

Anywhere in the Product Template that's within <span> ... </span> tags should do.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X