Preview filenames different from live site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preview filenames different from live site

I am using Developer v7 and when I create an offline preview all of the html page file names start with P_ instead of just their file name. The only files that do not have this prefix are the subsection product html files. If I publish the store to the test site this problem doesn't exist. Offline I am unable to test links in many cases because the filenames are different.

Is this expected? Is there a way to force it to use the filenames setup within Actinic?

Thanks for any help,
    Seamus

Hi Seamus - see this similar thread http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=17924

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Actinic always generates files with the P_ prefix for offline preview. If you use the option to preview the entire site, then all pages (except those which are passed through cgi-bin, like cart and checkout) are written to the PreviewHTML folder with P_ names and relative navigation between those pages works perfectly.

If you have hardcoded a link, then from the preview, the browser will try to open the hardcoded path - and if the page exists on the web, will succeed, taking you out of the preview and onto a live web page.

That is working as designed.
      Last edited by wjcampbe; 07-Dec-2005, 12:16 PM. Reason: spelling
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks for that link, my search hadn't turned it up. Looks like that work around is the best answer for now.

I didn't think I'd be the only one!

Cheers,
        Seamus

Comment

Bill, thanks for that explanation. I was a little surprised that it bothered renaming the files with P_ since it places them in a unique folder. Doesn't seem like its needed. Perhaps they wanted it to be clear that it was operating in a preview mode.

Thanks,
          Seamus

Comment

Working...
          X