ActinicCatalog.mdb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ActinicCatalog.mdb

I'm writing a small tool to allow us to send emails easily from outside Actinic, with the ability to enter tracking numbers for orders across multiple sites etc. The only problem I'm having is that Actinic seems to open its database exclusively, meaning I have to close Actinic to be able to use my own program. Can anyone confirm this is what is happening / think of a workaround?
    www.gbradley.co.uk
    Web Development, Actinic Patches, Scripts & more

You might try linking the required tables from Actinic.mdb to another mdb and use that to get your info instead.

Duncan R

Comment

An easy solution is to use the backup database. I always backup every time I close actinic so it should be up to date.

Mike

PS. I've never had this problem using excel, so it might not be what you think it is.
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I'm basically using some basic ASP / ADO to query the database. The query works fine when Actinic is closed but generates a JET error while open. I'll try the linking idea.
        www.gbradley.co.uk

Comment

Nope, tried linking tables but now getting 'file already in use' error, which is better than a standard error message I suppose! Any other ideas...?
          www.gbradley.co.uk

Comment

In Access try Tools|Options|Advanced & set to Shared. As you are only reading data you MIGHT be ok.

Test on backups first mind - not sure if Actinic will like being in Shared mode.

Duncan R

Comment

forget that - it's already set to shared anyway

Comment

Do you need to set localshare to true in the ODBC Administration Manager? I use several other database tools and use their management tools rather than the built in ODBC, so I can't answer the question.
                Bill
                www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
                X