Little White Lie (Line)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little White Lie (Line)

Why is IE and the Actinic software itself show a little white line under our corporate logo when Firefox doesn't?

www.mxbits.com/shpindex.html

Hi

I've had a look at your code, not that i'm any great expert and can't see anything. I had a similar annoying little problem and mine was down to a " " being included when it wasnt needed.

Just out of interest, do you realise the "main pages" and the "home" buttons on the page you linked to are not working?

Comment

Looks like a CSS issue. Notice you have class="thinborder" against the top table with the logo's etc which I don't think is required there as it is images only.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

your html is a bit of a mess, image tags not closed for the small banners on the left hand side of the page.

Regarding your logo, there is a space at the end of the image tag between the ">" and the "</td>", you need to loose that.

I would advise to get rid of any hights for the "td" tags also.

Max

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
          Hi

I've had a look at your code, not that i'm any great expert and can't see anything. I had a similar annoying little problem and mine was down to a "&nbsp;" being included when it wasnt needed.

Just out of interest, do you realise the "main pages" and the "home" buttons on the page you linked to are not working?
          This is a very basic adaptation of the Best Seller theme and by default those buttons don't work. The MAINPAGES button never works and is used as place holder for the other buttons when you go further into the site.

I'll checkout your suggestion though, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jont
            Looks like a CSS issue. Notice you have class="thinborder" against the top table with the logo's etc which I don't think is required there as it is images only.
            if by the top border you mean the banner across the top then it's what is there by default when you select the Best Seller theme. All I really did was put some nicer looking gif's in.

I'll take a look and have a play but I'm very new to this so i really tried to stay away from making code changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Max
              your html is a bit of a mess, image tags not closed for the small banners on the left hand side of the page.

Regarding your logo, there is a space at the end of the image tag between the ">" and the "</td>", you need to loose that.

I would advise to get rid of any hights for the "td" tags also.

Max
              like i said in a previous reply I'm very new to this and that was basically a cut & paste from an example I found. I take it you are talking about the 4 logos down the left. How do I close them properly? Yes this really is coding for dummies

Comment

If you are unsure on making changes, before you do anything, save a copy of the file as a different name somewhere else, if it all goes tits up, you just open up the copy and "save as" the original name.

Although it may seem a little daunting you will be surprised how quickly you pick it up, especially if you are not worrying about working on the only copy of the file. Also if you keep the template open in dreamweaver, you always get the option to CTRL Z which undoes any changes you have made.

With regards to your answers on the buttons, i would recommend removing anything that has no function on your page, the fact i went to them within first 30 secs of being on there, should give you an insight into what your users may also go to use. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by madboyo
                  like i said in a previous reply I'm very new to this
                  Been there, done that - ok a few thousand years ago.

end the image tags with ">" without the "

Max

Comment

Max - cheers buddy, that's done now and now it doesn't look like a christmas tree when you view the source using Firefox

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                      If you are unsure on making changes, before you do anything, save a copy of the file as a different name somewhere else, if it all goes tits up, you just open up the copy and "save as" the original name.

Although it may seem a little daunting you will be surprised how quickly you pick it up, especially if you are not worrying about working on the only copy of the file. Also if you keep the template open in dreamweaver, you always get the option to CTRL Z which undoes any changes you have made.

With regards to your answers on the buttons, i would recommend removing anything that has no function on your page, the fact i went to them within first 30 secs of being on there, should give you an insight into what your users may also go to use. Just my opinion.
                      Lee great advice for any newbie, thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X