Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alerting customer to component pricing overrides (permutations)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alerting customer to component pricing overrides (permutations)

We are putting together a site which will make use of some component permutations.

The description of each component includes its default price, for example XYX for £10.00. Some of these component will have attributes with choices which will allow me to set component permuations. All this works fine.

However, in the instance that component XYZ is £15 because of a particular set of selections from the component attributes how is the customer informed of this at the add to cart confirmation page?

Many thanks
    Steve Ashdown

I had a similar thing on my site where people could choose colour (which didnt affect price) and then size which did. I listed the options in the description box and not on the component. when they clicked through to cart the total matched what i had put in the decription field.

Comment

Thanks for that,

I was rather hoping actinic could be configured to do or was doing something rather more clevel than that.

Given that it know that a component pricing override has been triggered because it gets the calulations right I would have hoped it would have be capable of putting up an alert on the add to cart confirmation page for the product. Such as:

"Selections for component xyz have triggerered a pricing overrided to £x"
      Steve Ashdown

Comment

I pondered on this for a while thinking actinic could do something to show the prices, however i decided in the end that displaying no price in the description field (in the normal price field) and listing the various options in the description field along with their price was the best.

After all actinic produces static html, so how could it sensibly do this. The addition of an additional script is possible i guess by one of the experts on here. However, i felt by listing them and displaying them in a different colour, it drew the customers eyes to the list and showed the various options.

An example would be http://www.birminghammodelcentre.co....ineMounts.html

Comment

Yes I can see what you have done - site looks good.

Yes you are right this would require an update to the perl script which controls the confirmation page.

As it clearly detects the pricing change it a straight forward exercise to inform the customer that there has been a change from the default price associated with a component - I am just surprised its not already in there given that doing this really completes the wrong functionality surrounding pricing permuation overrides for components.
          Steve Ashdown

Comment

Working...
          X